Android zero-touch customer portal

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Learn more about the changes to the new zero-touch customer portal

The new zero-touch customer portal has been designed to make it easier for you to manage your account. Here are some of the key changes:

• New look and feel: The portal has been redesigned with a modern look and feel, making it easier to navigate and find the information you need.
  • Improved navigation: The navigation menu has been simplified and reorganized, making it easier to find the pages you're looking for.
  • Updated Terms of service: Updated the zero-touch customer terms of service and customers will be prompted to accept the terms of service upon next login to the zero-touch customer portal. The terms of service need to be accepted once by an admin or owner of the customer account. If you own multiple accounts, you might need to accept the terms of service for each one.

Note: when attempting to access the zero-touch customer API. Any existing solutions leveraging the zero-touch customer APIs to access an account that has not yet accepted the new terms of service will receive a TosError response. Users will need to accept the terms of service by signing in to the zero-touch enrolment portal.

• New features/changes: The portal now includes a number of new features, such as:
    • Improved search: search for specific device(s) by the fields below, without specifying which identifier(ie. IMEI, MEID, serial number).
    • Additional fields on device CSV download: You can download a CSV of existing devices assigned to your organization, which contain all data seen on the device management page with additional field(ie. Reseller name and reseller ID). Additionally, unified the formats so the customer can download a CSV, make changes to the profiles, and upload it.
    • Undelete account: You can no longer undelete the account once deleted, alternatively you can reach out to your reseller who can then reach out to us to recover your account with valid reason.

To access the new customer portal, simply go to link. You will need to log in with your existing username and password

To help you navigate the changes, please refer to the customer portal guide.

We value your feedback, please use the feedback button as shown in the attached GIF to share your insights:

ZT Feedback Button.gif

If you have any questions about the new customer portal, please create a new community conversation in the General Discussion board.

Thank you. 

I'm currently away from the Community on holiday, read more here.

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

30 REPLIES 30

Rakib
Level 1.6: Donut

We are admin of many Zero touch accounts, but they all starts with the same name. So with the new GUI it is not usable, since I can not see the whole name.

Rakib_1-1719387276779.png

shettyk
Google Community Team

Thanks for the feedback, we have raised a feature request for this.

As a workaround, you can type any part of the account name and the autocomplete will filter it for you.

Rakib

Thanks for the feedback. We look forward to seeing the zero touch portal being improved. The design looks much more modern. I would like to copy/duplicate profiles, also between accounts.

ljcobley
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Oh goody, it's been rolled in glitter.

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

haha - I'm glad to hear you like a sparkle @ljcobley😀 Are there any features you are keen to see added into the customer portal? 

Nate-Dogg

🤞 for a dark theme!

jeoffreyburri

Nice updates!

When choosing a configuration for a device could you sort the list alphabetically or even better: could you add a search / filter box on top?

ColruytGroup

No longer accessible from partnerdash.google.com .

Also a search function for the configurations would be a very nice addition, we have 100+ configurations so it isn't always easy to find them. They are randomized, can't filter or sort.

nbcomcasteve

Any word on when we'll be able to see what vendor uploaded a particular device AND what manufacturer/model that device is?

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hey @nbcomcasteve,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for your post. We had a similar question to this asked elsewhere in the community, does this help at all? https://www.androidenterprise.community/t5/admin-discussions/unwanted-devices-registered-in-zero-tou...

Flo

Hi,

Do you known if these features could be implemented ? They could be helpful.

- New rôle : read only on users tab

- Possibility to see IMEI 2 on devices tab (the goal is to identify devices that have been added with the wrong IMEI) 

- Possibility to show the reseller on devices tab
- Possibilty to create profile alias on resellers tab to automatically profile when the resellers upload new devices

- Possibility to see logs

- Possibility to see the number of devices for each configuration profile on configuration profiles tab. With the possibility to click on the number to export these filtered devices for example.

Flo

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hey @Flo,

Great to see your ideas of what you would like to see introduced into Zero-touch - thanks so much for sharing these. 

Just wanted to clarify your last point regarding creating profile alias, we have a default configuration option on the Configurations tab - when set, it assigns that config to all the devices enrolled by the reseller. Is your request here to have the ability to have a default option for each reseller enrolled or are you referring to something slightly different here? 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

Flo

Hi,

We are using the global default profile but because we have several resellers and for each, some devices are on differents profiles, it will be helpful to have a default profile by reseller and also, the possibility to automatically assign a profile if they add a tag/alias, during the upload of the devices.

Flo

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Great, thanks for the extra context here @Flo - this makes a lot of sense. I'll make sure these ideas are fed back to our Zero-touch product team. 

Out of interest, if you had to prioritise any of these features which ones would make the most impact for you? 

To add, if anyone else reading this topic would also find this feature request useful, please do let us know. It's always good to have additional thoughts/support on ideas.

Thanks so much.

Flo

Thank you for your answers 🙂

Priority 1 to 6.

Priority 1 is the more helpful/make the most impact :

1/ Possibilty to create profile alias on resellers tab to automatically profile when the resellers upload new devices

2/ New role : read only on users tab

3/ Possibility to see logs

4/ Possibility to see IMEI 2 on devices tab (the goal is to identify devices that have been added with the wrong IMEI) 

5/ Possibility to see the number of devices for each configuration profile on configuration profiles tab. With the possibility to click on the number to export these filtered devices for example.

6/ Possibility to show the reseller on devices tab

Flo

Hi Lizzie,

some of them we would also find usefull. In this order:

• Number of devices assigned to a profile
  • See Logs / Assignment History
  • Show IMEI2 Field (also Manufacturer)

Additionally: 

• Filter or alphabetical sorting of configuration profiles when assigning to a device (see earlier post)
  • Multiple assignment changes in GUI, not CSV.

Jeoffrey

Rakib

Support for SSO, so we can use Identity and access Management. We do not use Google workspace, so we use another identity provider. 

That is something we very much could also have support for native in the OS.

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Thanks @Rakib for your suggestions. Just wondering if you have a specific way you would like this to work? 

Batlac

Hello,

Could you add a pop-up on the website or a notification button to see when a configuration application is over ? In addition to the e-mail report.

Thank you, 

CarusoCorn

How do you add a single new device to our options of prfiles?

Thanks,

Corny

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello @Flo@jeoffreyburri@Rakib@Batlac@CarusoCorn@Nate-Dogg@nbcomcasteve@ljcobley,

I hope you are all doing well and thank you again for all your feedback here. I just wanted to highlight an update coming to Zero-touch enrollment in early September. A few customers asked about this, so hopefully you will find this useful. You can read more in this community post. We will be sharing more about it when it rolls out, but would love to hear any thoughts you have in the meantime. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

SimonW

Firstly, I really like the engagement from the Community Team on this post - it's actually quite refreshing when compared to the rest of our Microsoft Infrastructure!

Requests for this portal, in order of preference:

Admins and Owners should be able to opt-in to receive email notifications when a device is added by a reseller. This notification should include the device IMEI or serial, order number (if applicable), the name of the applied configuration (extra helpful if you guys implement the per-reseller configuration application), and the reseller name.

Additionally, when attempting to invite additional admins, if the admin doesn't yet have a Google account, you get a the error: 'An unexpected error has occurred. Try again later.' - this could be much more specific!

This would help align the Zero Touch portal with similar market offerings (such as Apple's Business Manager).

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hey @SimonW,

Lovely to meet you, welcome to the community and thanks for your great feedback.

There some good ideas here, out of interest regarding the notifications, I know you mention email notifications, would you prefer it to come via email rather than in the portal? Or ideally both? 

Thanks also for highlighting the error message, I actually mentioned this to the Zero-touch team the other day (I had a German version of it that another community member shared) and I agree more guidance would be helpful here. I'll check in with them as I think they were keen to update this. 

Thanks again, looking forward to speaking more. 

Lizzie

dcmtea

Dear Team ,

all my zero touch configuration and devices added by reseller are deleted after update 

please help to restore 

please 22.PNG11.PNG