What Was Your First Mobile Phone? πŸ“ž

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Ring Ring πŸ“žβ€¦. It's time for a trip down memory lane. πŸš€

Let's share some nostalgia and chat about our first mobile phones! πŸ“žπŸ‘Ά

I’ll start, my first mobile phone was the Nokia 3210. It was passed down from my Mum who upgraded to a Sony Ericsson. Good times! 

How about you? Did you have a customized ringtone? What was your go to feature?. Let us know in the comments.

14 REPLIES 14

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Siemens S55 here 😁

Had a little catalogue of devices to pick from through Dad's then company, and it was a wicked little thing

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Nice! I think remember it having a grey/blue colour to it?. 

jasonbayton

Too right. I was a T9 king back then

maxresdefault.jpg

Moombas

Hi Reece, 

welcome to the community πŸ˜‰ (was not able/allowed to post in the other topic so i welcome you here instead :P)

My first one was a Siemens C25 Power πŸ˜‰ gotten to christmas from my godmother without clarification with my parents who haven't been very happy about that πŸ€£

Moombas_0-1695709994627.png

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hey @Moombas, thank you for the warm welcome! πŸ˜€

The Siemens C25...now thats a throwback. What did you upgrade to after this?. 

Reece.

Moombas

Yes, i feel quite old thinking about that and looking back when it was released πŸ˜…

Oh, i try to remember but think it following model was a Nokia 3510 or 3310. Not entirely sure about that anymore.

ReeceK
Google Community Team

All great phones, I also had the 3310.  I think I know quite a few people that did at some point. πŸ˜…

Moombas

Yes, but in general i miss phones like the Motorola Milestone with slide-out keyboard. I really loved that way more (and still do) as the touch keypads.

jarmo_akkanen
Level 2.0: Eclair

Hey ReeceK,
My first phone was Nokia 2110 back in 1996 and then got new one 1998 which was Nokia 6110. Pretty obvious choices since living here in Finland πŸ˜‰
thanks
Jarmo

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hey @jarmo_akkanen 

Wow, fun fact, the Nokia 2110 was the first phone to have the iconic Nokia theme song. 

jasonbayton

They say owning a Nokia is a Suomi right of passage 😁

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Great replies here @Moombas@jarmo_akkanen@jasonbayton and @ReeceK

I'm really trying to remember what my first phone was. πŸ€” I think it was a Sony Ericsson, I thought I was very cool as I had a personalised dairy milk phone case. Then I think I had a Nokia 3310, which I mainly used to play Snake! Happy days! 

Was anyone else a big fan of playing Snake?

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

Abdul
Level 1.5: Cupcake

HTC

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hey @Abdul !

Nice, which model? πŸ˜€