Android Auto with COPE

The_pixel
Level 1.5: Cupcake

We enroll devices into intune as COPE, but we are finding issues when users connect the device to android auto, any stored contacts in the work profile do not feed through.

Has anybody come across this before? or know if there is a way to share contacts from work profile with Android Auto?

2 REPLIES 2

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

If you mean for calling them, i guess this is expected behavior as in this moment you are using android auto from your private profile, so only private accounts are diplayed. But if a work account calls and the relevant setting enables to show that caller ID, you should be able to see who is calling.

This i not verified behavior on my end and just based on the possibilities i know of how the permissions and so should work right now.

But if sharing information from work profile to private is enabled, i would expect it should show them up both ways.

Just 2 snippets out of the MDM we use for a COPE profile:

Moombas_0-1729148502435.png

Moombas_1-1729148519872.png

The_pixel
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hi, many thanks, this is how we have it configured via intune, caller ID does work one the phone personal side as well as the work contacts, but not for Android auto it just shows phone numbers when receiving calls & no contacts at all.