Android COPE, Google Calendar "Action not allowed"

w4lter
Level 1.6: Donut

Dear Community,

we wanted to use Google Calendar in Combination with Outlook Mobile (Sync Calendar) with Intune.

Unfortunately, we are facing the issue, that Google Calendar does not start on our COPE enrollments.

After setting permissions to Contacts, Calendar and Notifications we see just for a second the calendar, but then the message pops up "Action not allowed".

On our BYOD enrollments there are no problems.

I guess, this has something to do with Intune (App), but i cannot nail it down what the issue could be.
It seems Company Portal App is doing something different, because why it's working for BYOD Devices?

I was hoping that someone else here had the same issue with a possible fix.

Maybe Google calendar wants to add a Google Account, which is of course blocked at work profile level...

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

I have a device (fully managed, not cope) where we also don't allow Google account to be added.

The calendar works fine using the locally logged in O365 (non Google) account instead without adding or requesting for a Google account.

But i don't have COPE devices available right now but would wonder why (as they are more open)  they would act different. I assume the biggest difference here is that Intune may act different than our MDM reg. permissions. Not the first time we see this here.

w4lter
Level 1.6: Donut

had the chance to try a COPE enrollment on Ivanti EPMM (Core) - no issues there.

i guess this has something to do with Intune 😞