Application assignment

Farkhaleeth
Level 1.6: Donut

Hi All,

I would like to know when we select the application from iframe, can we assign to the devices in the same flow or we have to create a policy to assign the app to devices 

https://developers.google.com/android/management/reference/rest/v1/enterprises.applications 

this doesn't talk about the assignment of the way the app should install on the device silent or not ?

Regards,

Farkhaleeth 

7 REPLIES 7

jeremy
Level 2.3: Gingerbread

Hello,

You have to create a policy to assign the app to the policy, and you also need to apply the policy to a device.

That's how apps are displayed in the device play store or installed automatically if you choose so,

Jeremy

Hi @jeremy 

Thanks for you reply, We already have add application flow where we can add approve apps via iframe but its ends there. 

I wanted to check if we can continue the flow with in the add application flow and assign it to devices.

What I understand from you is 

1. add the app to EMM console via iframe 

2. create a application policy to assign it to devices.

with this approach just to assign an app to device admin have to do 2 things correct ? i.e add app and then create a policy 

Regards,

Farkhaleeth

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Correct. That's how it works in the MDM we use.

I am trying to get everything in one flow

add app and assign it then and there, can I do this?

Moombas

Not sure what you mean with in one flow but i guess i you do everything in the correct order from the user perspective you could but from development perspective these are 3 different steps to be finished each before the next one can take place.

and what are those 3 steps?

Moombas

1. Add the app to your managed google playstore account (maybe using iFrame):

Moombas_0-1726139730758.png

2. Create an app policy and choose any app you want to add to it (screenshot from Soti):

Moombas_1-1726139802526.png

3. Finally assign the app policy to a device or device group (also screenshot from Soti):

Moombas_2-1726139910083.png