Google Deleted Account that Links Managed Play Store

Krystina
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hello all,

We're facing an issue with our Intune/Managed Google Play connector. Google has deleted the account set up specifically to connect to our Managed Google Play instance in Intune. This has been an active link, with the last new device registered about 2 weeks ago and apps on devices being updated since then. We are currently unable to enroll new devices or add new apps. We are also unable to attempt to recover the account and have not been able to find a way to contact Google directly about the account issue.

Barring being able to recover the account, are there ways for us to lessen the impact of creating a new account for the linkage? Or are we going to have to have all our Android BYOD users re-enroll their devices?

29 REPLIES 29

Kmspr

Hi  @Lizzie ,
The same happened to a Knox Manage tenant of a client of ours.
We have contacted our EMM provider but we didn't get any further than the advise of unrolling everything and linking a new account!

Upon trying to recover the account, the message pops up saying "Google doesn't provide another way to sign in to this account".
It is deleted a week ago by Google for unknown reason. The Managed Play account is still bound to the EMM and is active, but how long? Can you provide me more information please?

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Thanks @Kmspr, I've just sent you a direct message via your Community inbox.

Speak to you soon. 

Lizzie

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

kasar

yes

casse

We are experiencing the same issue with a customer we are managing the Intune environment for. This is the third time this has happened to us that the Google account linked to the Managed Play Store is deactivated due to "violation of ToS", where we don't get to know what terms are violated.

@Lizzie Can you also provide me with more information? Appreciate your support!

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello @casse,

Thank you for your post, I'm sorry to hear you have had this, especially as it's been three times. 

As it happens based on the feedback shared here, I've actually just created an community article to hopefully help you and others if this occurs. Click here to view in the community. 

If you have any further questions just let me know and do keep me posted if you can on how you get on. 

Thank you,

Lizzie 

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.