Google Deleted Account that Links Managed Play Store

Krystina
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hello all,

We're facing an issue with our Intune/Managed Google Play connector. Google has deleted the account set up specifically to connect to our Managed Google Play instance in Intune. This has been an active link, with the last new device registered about 2 weeks ago and apps on devices being updated since then. We are currently unable to enroll new devices or add new apps. We are also unable to attempt to recover the account and have not been able to find a way to contact Google directly about the account issue.

Barring being able to recover the account, are there ways for us to lessen the impact of creating a new account for the linkage? Or are we going to have to have all our Android BYOD users re-enroll their devices?

29 REPLIES 29

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

@Lizzie a timely request given the inactive account deletion announcement some time back!

@Krystina are devices unenrolling themselves? That would be the assumed behaviour and if so, re-enrolment is the only course of action even if you do recover the account. 

For policy, app, etc enterprise recovery it may be possible to restore the account within 30 days of deletion, but it depends on the reason for deletion. 

This isn't a public service so it'll need to wait on Lizzie who will likely discuss this in private with you.

Hi Jason! 

Devices are not unenrolling themselves at this time, thankfully. I've attempted to go through the account recovery flow, but finish the CAPTCHA and receive a message that I couldn't be signed in and that "Google doesn't provide another way to sign in to this account". At no time am I asked for the password. I don't know if this information might help @Lizzie 

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Thanks @jasonbayton and @Krystina. I'm just popped this over to a colleague of mine, as soon as I hear back I'll provide a bit more information. 

Lizzie

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hey @Krystina,

Thanks again for sharing this here in the community.

The best thing for you to do here is to contact your EMM provider and ask them to open a ticket with us, as we need some specific information (including your Enterprise ID and old/new email address). 

As Jason mentions in order for it to be recovered it needs to be actioned within 30 days, so I would mention this to your EMM. 

Also to add, once this is all recovered you might want to explore adding a secondary owner to the account, more details can be found here

I hope this helps and I'm sorry that you have experienced this. Do let me know how you get on if you can. 

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hey @Krystina,

I hope you are doing well. 

Just to say I've just sent you a direct message to your community inbox. 

Thanks,
Lizzie

PatrickJ

Hi Lizzie,

I encountered the same problem. Google account that linked to Microsoft Intune has been deleted. Currently my company's users failed to enroll new Android devices to Microsoft Intune. Could you also assist me, please. Thank you.

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hey @PatrickJ,

Good to meet you, thanks for your message here. I've just sent you a direct message in the community with some follow-up questions. 

Hope to speak with you soon.

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

sgulbr

hi @Lizzie ! A little late to the party here, but we are experiencing the same thing. Suddenly our account linked between Intune and Managed Play have ended up in the deleted category. I saw it happened two days ago, and i hope its possible to recover it. I have been through all the steps listed on the recovery section, but i end up with the same message as others have already mentioned,  "Google doesn't provide another way to sign in to this account".

An email was sent to the recovery e-mail adress notifying about the deletion, but i cant see how this recovery e-mail account can actually help me in getting the deleted account recovered. 

Any help at all would be greately appreciated

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello @sgulbr,

Nice to meet you. I've just sent you a direct message to your community inbox. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

cdeguire

Hi @Lizzie ,

We are also experiencing this same issue on 3 separate instances that were all built at the same time.  We reached out to Microsoft and they stated this has to be resolved here to move the account to a new linked account.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello @cdeguire,

Just to mention I sent you a direct message via your community inbox yesterday. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

mstrmke

Hello @Lizzie

I have a client that is also having this same issue. We are working on contacting the EMM, but was hoping for some guidance. Thank you in advance! 

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hey @mstrmke, thanks for your message. I've sent you a message via your Community inbox.

Lizzie

aruppert

@Lizzie 

We are experiencing the same issue as well. The google account linked to Intune was deleted and there is no way to recover it or re-create it.  We just discovered this when attempting to enroll a new staff member. 

We have created a support ticket with Microsoft Intune support as well.  Any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Thanks @aruppert for your mention. I'm sorry that you are experiencing this with your account. 

It's good to hear you have contacted your EMM about this. One thing mentioned above is that to recover the account it has to be less than 30 days. So timing is very important. Do you think your account has been closed less than this? 

I'll also send you a direct message here in the community so we can discuss more specifics. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

dvespasiano

Hi @Lizzie , 

I had the same problem. Do you know why google delete inactive accounts? What time it needs to google delete one account?

Some of mine were deleted with 30 days inactive. 

Asking because, guys here don't found this rule on documentation.

rasti

Hey,

I am experiencing this same issue. We are using Workspace ONE. 

How can we recover the deleted account? I tried to follow this: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6236295?hl=en but it doesn't let me restore the account.

I will contact VMware, but is there any faster way to handle this, since we cannot enrol any new devices currently.

Thanks!

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello @rasti,

I've just sent you a direct message to your community inbox. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

danielvlasoff

@Lizzie I am seeing this issue with multiple clients while configuring Android Enterprise with Microsoft Intune. Can you clarify the correct process for creating a Google account for use with Managed Google Play Store and Intune?

@Lizzie can you provide clarification on the correct process please? I'd like to handle this issue proactively to prevent impacts to our clients.

Rudy

@Lizzie the same happened to our instance.

Upon trying to recover the account, the message pops up saying there is no other way to login to the account.

Is there any way to recover the account at all? It was deleted about a week ago, I found out about it today.

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello @Rudy,

Thanks for your message. I've just sent you a direct message to your Community inbox with more information. 

Speak to you soon.

Lizzie

mvanderhoff

The same happened to our instance.

Looks like this happens a lot.

Think this needs a more structured approach. A lot of times, if not always a dedicated Google account is used.

@Lizzie Can you also provide me with more information?

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello @mvanderhoff,

Good to meet you. I'm sorry you have experienced this with your account. I've just sent you a direct message via your Community Inbox (in desktop in the top right corner of the page you should see an envelope with you inbox). This has further information on next steps. 

Thanks,
Lizzie