OEM Config Policy with Samsung Knox Service Plugin

travisreeves
Level 1.6: Donut

I am deploying the Knox Service Plugin app and a Configuration policy through my MDM (Microsoft Intune). The app successfully installs on the device, and the policy shows as successfully applied. However the setting I am trying to configure (Screen Timeout = 5 minutes) is not configuring. If I manually open the KSP app on the device and select Apply Latest Configuration, the setting successfully gets configured. How do I make the setting configure without manual intervention?

4 REPLIES 4

jeremy
Level 2.3: Gingerbread

Hello,

You should raise this issue through Intune support, they are the only one able to help in this case and escalate to Google and/or Samsung if needed.

Best,

Thanks, I've opened up a ticket as well. Was just wondering if there was something I was missing. 

GMenzies
Level 2.0: Eclair

Unsure if you've resolved this yet or not but sometimes there are pre-req settings that need to be enabled for certain settings to work with KSP.

The KSP documentation would be your best bet - Prerequisites | Samsung Knox Documentation

Thank you. Yes, I believe we meet all the prerequisites. We are using Intune MDM with the "Fully Managed" Android Enterprise devices. We have a managed Google Play Store and I've deployed Knox Service Plugin as a required app.  I've been able to get it working in the past, yet it is not working now for some reason. 

Through my ticket with Samsung, I sent them some logs. There seems to be some conflict between the app and the OS (Android 13). It attempting to start a foreground service, but getting denied.