Play Integrity Verdicts

GMenzies
Level 2.0: Eclair

Is there a proven method to determine why a device might be failing Play integrity verdicts? From what I can see it appears to be a black box.

I'm trying to troubleshoot a BYOD device that is failing the Strong Integrity check and Device Integrity check.

We've checked the device is a certified device (Samsung S23 - SM-S911B), Device has Google Play services enabled and is showing as certified in the play store. Bootloader isn't unlocked, the build seems to be an official build (UP1A.231005.007.S911BXXU3ZWJ6) also.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Thanks for sharing this @GMenzies.

I wonder has anyone else experienced /hear of this and might be able to share some insight here?

@Moombas@jeremy@jasonbayton 

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Hi Lzzie,

no experience yet in that regard from my side.

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

I see this happen all too often, but I'm afraid I don't have the reasoning why. Normally it'll sort itself out after a brief period of time, but it screws up compliance based policy enforcements which is frustrating. 

A Samsung should always meet the strong integrity result, but you won't know exactly what's causing it to fail because that's not fed back by the API. Reaching out to Samsung SDS support may be fruitful, as there may be an issue with the build if it doesn't pass. Alternatively perhaps it could have been bootloader unlocked in the past, and blew the e-Fuse? If it has, that may be visible in download mode as a warranty flag; but that's just thinking out loud. I'd still raise with Samsung if it doesn't clear.

Thanks, speaking to Samsung currently about this but wanted to raise it here also as I've ran out of options 🙂