Recovering or merging Playstore Managed account

SbutterworthHOV
Level 1.6: Donut

Hey everyone I've got a really neat situation I can't seem to figure out a clean solution for. 

My org started an Intune deployment with a Managed Google Play account. Unfortunately the admin that built the account has left and the account used for the connector is a standard Gmail account. Right now we are unable to recover the account. 2FA is enabled but the account sends a verification to the locked account. When we were in looking at the connector, the organization ID doesn't match up with our enterprise account either. 

End user android devices have already begun the enrollment process for Intune. Have any of you fine folks found a way to do one of the three:
1. Recover a personal account that an terminated admin set up.

2. Change the Account tied to the managed play store connector.

3. Merge/ adopt a rogue organization ID into the correct account. 

Thanks for reading my plight

2 REPLIES 2

BenMcc
Level 2.0: Eclair

Hi,

This is a tricky one. It's not the play console that is the issue but the Google account and unless the account has backup authentication methods then you are not going to be able to recover it.

Net option is Play support. In some cases depending on proof of id etc they may be able to help by getting you to create a new Dev account and then transfer the app from the old to the new. This process will be easier if someone in your company also has access to the original account even if they are not the owner.

Ben

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Thankfully the enterprise team have a nicer way of going about this than going up through Play if you're willing to abandon the old account (sounds like it wouldn't matter too much?).

If you message me your organisation ID, company details, and the new Google account you want to associate with your bind, I'll raise a ticket.