Renaming Managed Google Play Organization

RE-RITS-TS
Level 1.6: Donut

Hello,

we built our Managed Google Play connector in Intune like three years ago with our company name as organization name.

Meanwhile our company name as slightly changed and since the company name is shown on all corporate-owned android devices lock screen, we have a high interest in changing that to the correct name.

Unfortunately I can not find any way to change that company name. I can only delete that organization. I do not find a way to contact Google directly for that issue, so that is why I ended up here.

So here are the questions:

What exactly happens to our devices, if we disconnect and delete the organization and reconnect to a new organization with correct name? All devices will reset? All apps will be gone?

Are there other ways to configure what is shown on the lockscreen? Maybe it is possible to disable the display of the company name on the lockscreen completely?

Or is there a way to contact Google to change that name for us?

Any help appreciated. 😎

Regards

25 REPLIES 25

SM_IT
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Please keep us posted - I'm in the same boat running into dead ends with both Microsoft and Google.  I still have a support ticket open with Microsoft.  Any tips you can provide that could help me point the Microsoft Support person in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.  I still cannot believe this is such a difficult issue to get resolved!  It's VERY frustrating!