Zero Touch Configuration Profiles

DanielHill
Level 1.6: Donut

There is an issue with Zero Touch Configuration Profiles. When Selecting the configuration of choice under the Devices tab, Unless the device has Enterprise Default Profile, the device will not show under Configuration Info in Android EMM Registration- Zero Touch. If I select the configuration the number declines per device selected under that Configuration Profile. 

10 REPLIES 10

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

I don't know what you mean as you have one tap for the configurations and one tab for the devices where you can assign the configurations per device or upload a batch file to do this for a large number of devices.

If you want to assign it to only one device you can search for the IMEI1 (don't forget to choose "IMEI" in the drop down on the right) and then assign the relevant configuration.

If you can't find the device there, it was not IMEI1 or the device was not uploaded to the portal or it was uploaded using a serial number or MEID (then you need to choose in the dropdown the relevant other entry for sure).

Configuration Info in Android EMM Registration- Zero Touch is within the WorkspaceOne Console in the settings. When I apply a configuration to a device in the zero touch portal, the number of overall devices decreases in the settings of the MDM (WS1). 

Moombas

I still don't get it.... Zero-Touch configuration goes via the ZT portal (https://partner.android.com/zerotouch) and not somewhere else except they have integrated it into their EMM but then you need to contact your EMM provider.

Please, as @jasonbayton also asked for, provide some screenshots showing your issue.

jasonbayton

Are you able to record it screenshot what you're seeing? I'm not fully following this either

Hi Jason, 

I am unable to post screenshots or record it, can we possibly set up a Teams meeting to further investigate and discuss. I have already spoken to our EMM provider and there is nothing they can do. 

Thanks 

jasonbayton

I mean there is, anyone saying there's nothing they can do should be named and shamed. EMM escalation is the route to Google support under all normal circumstances. 

If being unable to post is a privacy/NDA thing you can DM or email me pics/vids or just share a link to them temporarily and I'll take a look. 

CoreyC
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hey @DanielHill,

I believe what you are seeing is expected behavior. Based on your description you have setup direct integration between your EMM and the ZT portal. This integration is what we call the zero-touch iframe. When using the ZT iframe your devices will be set to use the configuration supplied by your EMM. You create that configuration during the linking process (step #4 in the link above). Below is a screenshot of the page where you create the configuration when linking the ZT iframe to your EMM. "Enterprise Default Profile" is the name we use in the ZT portal to indicate that this device will receive a profile from the linked EMM. So it's expected that your EMM would only count the devices with the Enterprise Default Profile. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 1.56.10 PM.png

DanielHill
Level 1.6: Donut

Hi @CoreyC

Thanks for this information, yes I believe the owner of the account did not add the provisioning extras at this step within the setup. We are trying to unlink and re-add the account but the account is not unlinking. Once we confirm the unlink; the account will still be there. Also if I select cancel and yes after "Unlinking" the account disappears. When I select sync account the account reappears without having to sign in. Not sure if this is a VMware issue or a ZT issue.  

CoreyC
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hey @DanielHill,

Yeah I would open a ticket with VMware. I just tested this in my Workspace One test environment and I was able to unlink and relink my ZT iframe without any issues. 

@CoreyC Acknowledged. Thanks for testing. Appreciate the help.