The customer reported to us a problem with contact SMS which is not displayed on the personal side (only the numbers are displayed but not the names of the contacts)

ROVI
Level 1.5: Cupcake

The customer reported an issue to us: on the personal part of his phones, business contacts are no longer displayed across his entire fleet when users receive SMS from business and personal contacts (only numbers appear, without contact names).

By default, Samsung phones use the rich Google Messages application, as well as Textra, which are both impacted. This issue does not occur with Samsung's SMS application. We have tested on our side (Orange), and business contacts and numbers are displayed on the personal part. We have also tested with the customer, but it works randomly.

Please take the necessary action.

13 REPLIES 13

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello @ROVI,

Nice to meet you. Thanks for highlighting this. 

Just to check do you have access to our Partner Portal? 

Thanks,

Lizzie

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

ROVI

Oui  j'ai accès

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

@ROVI

(i guess those are COPE devices?) Does your customer enable this setting:

Moombas_0-1729231693501.png

ROVI

Merci pour votre retour. En effet, ces appareils sont en mode WPCOD (Pro/Perso). J'avais déjà ouvert un ticket auprès du support de l'éditeur (Workspace One) pour vérifier si le problème venait de leur côté. Après leurs enquêtes, les experts Android de Workspace One m'ont confirmé que le défaut provient de Google. Selon eux, il s'agit d'un problème lié à Google et/ou au développeur de l'application SMS. 

Michel
Level 2.2: Froyo

The same thing happened om my own phone, in COPE config. the Samsung messages app does have any issues, but the google messages app removed all names from corporate numbers. 

I believe it happened after the latest update which also contains gemini tooling. 

CallerID keeps working, so nothing has changed on that part. Its just the messages app. Haven't looked in to this yet though. 

sbowlestx

It also happens to everyone at our organization.  Clearing cache and data only works for about 30 minutes and the issue comes back.  What I have found if the latest update that enables Satellite SMS messages is what causes the issue.  If I uninstall that update everything works as expected.  FYI...The phone works with the contacts so I know it is only Google messages. Please advise 

kEvaR

Hi, we're also having the same problem with our Samsung android terminals in WPCOD!
@Lizzie 

kEvaR

All Android devices, not just Samsung !

Michel
Level 2.2: Froyo

@Lizzie , is this something you can get answers on? 

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Thanks @Michel for the mention here. 

I actually sent a note to a colleague on Friday afternoon to get their thoughts. As you mention @ROVI and @sbowlestx, this could well sit with the Messages team, so I try to dig into this a bit further. 

Please do keep me posted if anything changes and also anyone else who is experiencing this. 

Thanks so much. 

Lizzie

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

sbowlestx

I tried going through the App group and when they found out it was Android Enterprise I was told they couldn't help me.  Hopefully that isn't the case.  

sbowlestx

Working VersionWorking Version

this is the version that works for us.  As soon as we upgrade the work contacts go away within 30 minutes.  

We use this version : messages.android-20240930-04-RC03.phone-samsung-dynamic.

This version has a problem displaying contacts