Android enterprise Device Owner

shrinika
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hi Team,

I work with a MDM solution which is currently device admin, I want to enroll the devics using Samsung KME. I integrated it and able to enroll the devices till Android 11. but the versions above Android 12 are not getting enrolled. When I asked the Samsung team, they said that KME enrollment uses Android Enterprise Device Owner type. They said I have to move to device Owner using Android Enterprise. How do I achieve this. We have our own dashboard from where we push all the policies now. I also saw that AE is no longer taking any new registrations.  Please help with this.

5 REPLIES 5

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Hi Shrinika,

how do you enroll using KME?

We only have Enterprise Enrollment Profiles available in KME and no issues yet (using Android  10-14 devices).

shrinika

We are using our own EMM agent, In KME portal, while creating a profile of our own, we are selecting other option and giving our APK downloadable link.

shrinika_0-1707986674629.png

l and then giving all mandatory details. by doing this we are creating the profile and assigning that profile to the devices which are uploaded in the KME portal based on IMEI number. The moment factory reset happens our APK is getting downloaded in the devices below version 12.

Moombas

In such a case you may need to get some (adb) logs from the device during enrollment (if possible) to identify why it's not able to download it anymore.

I assume there is something in your own agent to be changed but as i'm not a developer nor an MDM provider I can't say for sure.

shrinika

currenlty our MDM solution is device admin and not device owner. For this kind of enrollment is it mandatory to be a device owner app with Android Enterprise?

Moombas

If device is COBO or COPE, you need to be DO and this needs to be the case directly during enrollment (can't be changed afterwards as far as i know).