Device actions

Farkhaleeth
Level 1.6: Donut

Hi All

I am working on Device actions/Commands  and I wold like to know which commands are applicable to BYOD and COD

Commands:

Lock. 

Reset Password

Reboot

Wipe

Clear App Data

Enable Lost Mode

Disable Lost Mode

Remove Work Profile

Regards,

Farkhaleeth 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

This is all in the text above and highlighted by me....

LOCK, RESET_PASSWORD, CLEAR_APP_DATA (A9+) -> for all as nothing else mentioned in the help

REBOOT (A7+), START_LOST_MODE, STOP_LOST_MODE -> fully managed only

RELINQUISH_OWNERSHIP -> COPE only

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Moombas

but how will I know which command is applicable for profile owner and which is applicable for device owner ?

Moombas

I can just point to this: 

Enums

COMMAND_TYPE_UNSPECIFIEDThis value is disallowed.
LOCKLock the device, as if the lock screen timeout had expired.
RESET_PASSWORDReset the user's password.
REBOOTReboot the device. Only supported on fully managed devices running Android 7.0 (API level 24) or higher.
RELINQUISH_OWNERSHIPRemoves the work profile and all policies from a company-owned Android 8.0+ device, relinquishing the device for personal use. Apps and data associated with the personal profile(s) are preserved. The device will be deleted from the server after it acknowledges the command.
CLEAR_APP_DATAClears the application data of specified apps. This is supported on Android 9 and above. Note that an application can store data outside of its application data, for example in external storage or in a user dictionary. See also clearAppsDataParams.
START_LOST_MODEPuts the device into lost mode. Only supported on fully managed devices or organization-owned devices with a managed profile. See also startLostModeParams.
STOP_LOST_MODETakes the device out of lost mode. Only supported on fully managed devices or organization-owned devices with a managed profile. See also stopLostModeParams.

Thanks Moombas, I have the link for this which I pasted in my initial message. 

My question was more on which action is applicable on BOYD and which are on COD?

Moombas

This is all in the text above and highlighted by me....

LOCK, RESET_PASSWORD, CLEAR_APP_DATA (A9+) -> for all as nothing else mentioned in the help

REBOOT (A7+), START_LOST_MODE, STOP_LOST_MODE -> fully managed only

RELINQUISH_OWNERSHIP -> COPE only

Farkhaleeth
Level 1.6: Donut

Thanks @Moombas This helps

Moombas

As said before, this was all shown in the help if you read through it and it was also highlighted by me before as well. just read it carefully.