[FIXED] Service Announcement: Gmail ManagedConfig Schema cannot be retrieved

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Current status: Fix implemented

Issue description: Admins may not be able to configure gmail exchange configurations. This is due to the Gmail app schema not being retrieved.

Latest update:

Hello everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience here. I've been informed by our Engineering Team that a fix has been implemented. If you experienced this issue, please can I ask you to check if this has been resolved on your side? 

Massive thanks,

Android Enterprise Customer Community Team

Previous update:

Read more

Current status: Under investigation

We are aware of an issue where Admins may not be able to configure gmail exchange configurations. This is due to the Gmail app schema not being retrieved.

Our Engineering Team are actively working on a fix to address this. Unfortunately, they don't have an estimated time for when the issue will be resolved. We will continue to monitor this.

Please comment on this post, or if you are a Partner please create a support ticket via the Partner Portal, if you have any questions/feedback.

Thank you for your patience.

Android Enterprise Customer Community Team

(Big thanks to @Figlovsky_K for highlighting this in the community)

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

5 REPLIES 5

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Hey hey, any news on this? I haven't seen it updated elsewhere either but I know the other portals aren't normally quick to update.

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hey @jasonbayton,

Thanks for this. The team are still investigating. I'm continuing to monitor it though, so will keep you and the rest of the community updated once I have more information.

Thanks,

Lizzie

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello everyone,

Just to let you know, our engineering team have implemented a fix. If you were experiencing this issue, please can you check if it's now working? 

Thanks so much for your help.

Lizzie

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Confirmed it's all good here, my LI post is seeing confirmation from more customers also - https://www.linkedin.com/posts/jasonbayton_androidenterprise-activity-7117403202349584384-V3hw?utm_s...

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Thanks for confirming @jasonbayton, great to hear.👏  Feel free to invite them to share that directly here if they would like.