How to set 'forcedResetTime' field in Zero Touch provisioning

educorreia
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hello,

I am trying to set the forcedResetTime field that is mentioned in the "Google device provisioning services" documentation: https://developers.google.com/zero-touch/reference/customer/rest/v1/customers.configurations#Configu...
But, the problem is, I can't set this value through the Zero-Touch portal, the configuration form that is available on the website does not have this optional field.
So, is there a way to set this value through the portal? If so, where can I find this field to edit? If not, is there any other way or EMM that I can use to set this value?

Ref.:

educorreia_1-1727261080338.png

Thanks,
Eduardo.

5 REPLIES 5

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Hi,

you are right that this field is not shown anywhere in ZTP.

Not sure if this is a bug or if you maybe can set this only via API or deprecated or so.

@Lizzie Can you tell us more about this optional setting shown in this documentation?

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Thanks @educorreia  and @Moombas for the @ mention here. I'm just checking this with the ZT team and will come back to you once I know more. 😀

(If anyone else knows on this, please feel free to comment). Thank you. 

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

educorreia
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hello @Lizzie,

Do you have any updates on this topic?

Thanks.

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello @educorreia,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. I was just awaiting confirmation on my side. 

Looking into this further, this is currently only available via API, so this is why you're are not seeing it in the zero-touch portal or via DPC extra. Forcing resets at a specific time is considered an advanced feature as you can imagine it requires careful consideration.  

Let me know if you have any additional thoughts on this. 

I hope this helps.

Lizzie

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

Rakib
Level 1.6: Donut

Good observation @educorreia, looks like it is the only variable that is not able to access trough DPC extra.