WiFi connection and Kiosk mode

netodomenico
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hello world! I'm managing some devices through Android Management as device owner, in kiosk mode, running an app I developed in Flutter. I need to list all nearby wifi connections and I succeeded using a specific library, but when I try to connect and save the network on the device It fails: in development mode I get the opening of a system modal for saving the network instances, while in Kiosk mode it totally doesn't work. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello @netodomenico,

Great to meet you.

Using EMM policies, you should be able to push the Wi-Fi configuration to the device and connect to the known network. You may find some help in the AMAPI documentation on configuring Wi-Fi networks:

Configure networks 
Device connectivity management

Also spotted that there is a dedicated thread on StackOverflow, with other developers discussing about Kiosk mode and AMAPI. 

I hope this helps. If you can it would be great to hear how you get on.

Thanks,

Lizzie

I'm currently away from the Community on holiday, read more here.

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

netodomenico
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hi @Lizzie,

Thank you for your answer!

I'd like to tell you that you gave me a fix, but I can't 😔

A solution like that is not congenial to my implementation because all the devices share a single Policy. Therefore the Open Network configurations would be shared among all the devices, which however are located in different places, connected to different networks and need to be able to change network settings dinamically (through the UI of the app, using system API).

Any ideas?