Need a way to switch zero touch configs with API

okmick
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hi ya'll,

Just beginning to manage Android devices with Microsoft Intune and Google Zero Touch. Everything works great but I am looking for a way to automate switching a device between different zte enrollment profiles (configurations) e.g. fully managed, dedicated, azure ad shared mode etc. I've done this successfully on the Windows side. The basic flow is that when a device asset record gets updated in our asset management database, a middleware I created calls Intune APIs to name the device and move it into the proper security groups so it gets the right policies and apps.

I wanted to replicate this flow on the Android side, but things work a little different with Intune for Android than it does for Windows. If I choose to use the Google ZTE iframe that's built-in to Intune, it makes everything a corporate-owned, fully managed device with no option to switch between different enrollment profiles (configurations). The other option is just to switch them in the Google Zero Touch portal manually for each device. But as I said, I want to try and automate switching the enrollment profile/configuration. Thinking about scaling up here and what that looks like.

I'm aware that there is an Android Management API but it appears it's geared toward EMMs and developers, not necessarily a public API that my organization can use to access its own data.

My questions for the community:

1. Is there a way my org can use the Android Management API to configure device records in ZTE?
  2. Does anyone have any experience with automation in the Android Enterprise world?
  3. How does your org switch between enrollment profiles?

Feel free to answer what you can.

Appreciate it!

1 REPLY 1

okmick
Level 1.5: Cupcake