Android Enterprise SingleApp Kiosk Mode - NFC not working

LMMAN
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hello,

We're using Android Enterprise together with Microsoft Intune as a device management system. Some devices are configured in Dedicated Device Mode, i.e. Kiosk Mode, more precisely in SingleApp Kiosk Mode, so an app runs in full screen and cannot be closed by the end user.

The NFC reader has stopped responding about a week ago. If a tag is placed near the NFC reader, the device does not respond.
If the device is taken out of kiosk mode again, NFC tags can be read again.

As I said, NFC tags could also be read in kiosk mode until recently, but unfortunately this is no longer the case. This affects all devices that are in SingleApp Kiosk mode.

I would be very grateful for any useful ideas.

3 REPLIES 3

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

So something may have changed on the kiosk mode / firmware version and you may first figure out what has changed and then investigate further what caused it to stop working.

LMMAN
Level 1.5: Cupcake

@Moombas Unfortunately we didn't find anything except, that it is working on the same device when the kiosk mode will be disabled. (In MS Intune we're able to temporarily remove the kiosk mode). Same device, same os / build: As soon as the kiosk mode is away everything is working.

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Then it gets hard to get further here as there must be some kind of difference (different oem version/build number) or different kiosk app version or something else which is different. And that's what you need to find out (yourself or in assistance with MS Intune support).