Application developed not visible in work play store.

swaroopnanu
Level 1.5: Cupcake

We created an application which was hosted on the work profile, unfortunately we are unable to make the application visible on the homepage. What would be the reason?

6 REPLIES 6

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Hi there, the title and the content are seemingly describing two different scenarios. 

Could you clarify the issue please and provide more detail?

swaroopnanu

I hope this provides more clarification.

We have developed an application which was hosted in the work play store a few weeks back. If I search the name of the application, it does show. But on the work playstore homepage, the application is not listed. 
It is so strange that it visible when searched but not visible in the homepage of work playstore.

jasonbayton

Ok got it, and work play store here being on-device I presume? What EMM are you using, and what are you setting the install type to for devices?

How did you upload the apk originally, via iFrame inside an EMM or through the play console?

swaroopnanu

Yes, work play store on device. You are right.

We used the play console to upload the apk and also the other details of the application like name, description, screenshots etc. 

I do not recall any separate settings which we choose for install type to devices.

jasonbayton

I see, and is this a public app or have you set it to private?

If public, and you're not using an EMM with the application assigned to devices via policy, it's normal to me the app won't show unless searched

If private, and assigned to an enterprise for EMM distribution, the admin will still have to assign the app to have it available for devices. 

swaroopnanu

I believe the application is set to private, let me check the settings and update you if it worked.