Can't add an approved managed play store app to the Intune app list

RudiD
Level 1.5: Cupcake

I have successfully binded the managed play store accoount to Intune.

After an initial enrollment of a first Samsung Android smartphone (as personally owned device with work folder) to Intune, the Intune app list already shows four Microsoft apps  (Home Screen, Authenticator, Intune, Company Portal) as assignable apps. I don't know if this behaviour could be considered as normal, because at this early time I have not yet selected them in the managed play store to be synced to Intune app list. Another curiosity is that none of these apps could be deleted from the Intune app list (delete button is greyed).

If I then continue to select some first apps in the managed play store to be synced to the Intune app list, nothing happens after launching the sync process. None of the selected apps will be synced to the Intune app list.

Of course these selected apps also do not appear in the company portal app management.

What can I do to get this failure fixed ?

Actually this means that I cannot install any app in the work folder area.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RudiD1

Hi Timmy,

fortunately your recommended procedure did finally work. Thank you for this tip.🤗

Before reading your advises I always did try the regular procedure for app integration which does not work at all.

RudiD1_1-1713165140055.png

RudiD1_2-1713165222960.png

After pressing SYNC any of the selected apps did not appear in the Android app list.

So, the alternate way going over Tenant administration => Connector Status => Managed Google Play App Sync is the only working path within my Intune version.

RudiD1_4-1713165654997.png

Regards RudiD

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

I'm not familar with Intune (we tested this from our end once and declined it) but i know that in Intune it can take a lot of time between setting up something and taking place (i think it was 2-3 hours).

So how long did you wait between assigning and testing?

Regarding some apps already assigned, could that be default for Intune and/or maybe set up in Intune itself?

jasonbayton
Level 3.0: Honeycomb

Intune mandates some apps indeed. 

Echoing @Moombas intune is slow and the UX isn't great. Once you've give in to the apps you want and click select, it can take a while even when clicking refresh to turn up. 

If they're not there now though, I'd raise it with their support.

Timmy
Level 2.0: Eclair

There are a few things to unpack here. 

As for the Home Screen, Authenticator, Intune and Company portal app they all comes as "default" when you configure and setup your Managed Google Play Account in Intune as per Microsofts own configuration and you will not be able to delete them from the App List in Intune. 

When you add / select new apps you want to show up in the App list you need to click on "sync" and once that's pressed it usually takes 1-2 minutes before it shows up in the App list. When you press "sync" you will also see this message appear in the Intune portal 

Timmy_0-1712822013237.png

If you want to check and see when the last sync was performed you can go to Intune -> Tenant Administration -> Connector & Tokens -> Managed Google Play There you will find "Last sync" with Date/time. 

Timmy_1-1712822103605.png

Once the app shows up in the App list you can assign it to a device or user, if you have not assigned the app it will not show up on the device or in company portal on the device.

RudiD1

Hi Timmy,

fortunately your recommended procedure did finally work. Thank you for this tip.🤗

Before reading your advises I always did try the regular procedure for app integration which does not work at all.

RudiD1_1-1713165140055.png

RudiD1_2-1713165222960.png

After pressing SYNC any of the selected apps did not appear in the Android app list.

So, the alternate way going over Tenant administration => Connector Status => Managed Google Play App Sync is the only working path within my Intune version.

RudiD1_4-1713165654997.png

Regards RudiD

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hey @RudiD

Just @ mentioning you here in case you haven't seen the replies. It would be great to hear any update you have. 😀

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.