DPC Extras true/false entries not taken effect

AdamPickett
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to determine if I have a config issue, or a device issue with a Zero Touch Configuration.

My configuration for DPC extras is as follows.

{
"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_LEAVE_ALL_SYSTEM_APPS_ENABLED":false,
"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_LOCALE":"en_GB",
"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_USE_MOBILE_DATA":true,
"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_ADMIN_EXTRAS_BUNDLE":{
"com.google.android.apps.work.clouddpc.EXTRA_ENROLLMENT_TOKEN": "TOKEN"
}
}

So this works to the point that the language is being set and the enrolment token is being applied to the device. However the two config lines where there is a true\false option don't seam to be applying or working in the way I would expect.

When the device is reset it always asks for the WiFi connection even when mobile data is present.

And after enrolment all the system apps are installed.

The device in questions is a Samsung A15

Two initial questions;

- Is there anything wrong with this config?

- Can a manufacturer chose to disregard these flags?

For reference I have disucssed this here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Intune/comments/1fct5pq/android_corporate_owned_work_profile_devices_and/

3 REPLIES 3

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich
"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_USE_MOBILE_DATA":true,

Doesn't mean to skip the wifi part, it only allows you to enroll even via mobile data (i think true is default, most likely false is used to force device being enrolled using Wifi).

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_LEAVE_ALL_SYSTEM_APPS_ENABLED":false,

Have you tried with set it to true and compared the amount of apps being present on the device?

I bet there will be a difference. "system apps" doesn't include apps which the system needs (otherwise it would break your device), it does mean to block apps coming with the OS being somehow optional (bloatware for example can be part of it).

Example from Zebra devices: StageNow will be removed/deactivated.

AdamPickett
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Thanks for your reply.

I'll run the test with all system apps enabled set to true.

However when set to false I'm getting apps like Facebook and Spotify installed into the personal profile.

Kind Regards

Adam

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Not all apps are affected, this very depends on the oem.

And top be honest i only work with fully managed so not sure how this works for COPE devices.