Enterprises Using COPE

PC-SPEZIALIST
Level 2.0: Eclair

A client is not sure if they want to use COPE or COBO so the director would like to know which bigger companies use COPE and orient towards them.

Most of the companies shown on https://www.android.com/enterprise/customers/ seem to use COBO but it is not stated directly. 

Is there an overview of companies using COPE?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

I know several larger organisations that use COPE but can't say who due to NDAs. 

Google itself uses COPE though, and quite successfully as I understand it.

Your client's director should align with what's best for their business. Personal use policies offer a nice balance of control and flexibility, fully managed will likely see employees treating the phones as work-specific and only used for specific tasks, carrying a personal phone with them either way for anything else.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Moombas

Hi,

i think you may need more likely to look what you need than to look which companies use which kind of enrollment. If you need help to find out your needed enrollment "mode" you have minimum 2 possibilitys:

1. Run the Android Enterprise Academy and do the relevant trainings there (https://androidenterprise.exceedlms.com/student/catalog)

2. Come along here with your needs/thoughts and we may be able to help you.

But the main difference is: Do you want that your users can use the devices for private as well or not? If not: COBO (or as i like it better: fully managed) has to be chosen, if yes: COPE (or as i like it better: work profile).

jasonbayton

I know several larger organisations that use COPE but can't say who due to NDAs. 

Google itself uses COPE though, and quite successfully as I understand it.

Your client's director should align with what's best for their business. Personal use policies offer a nice balance of control and flexibility, fully managed will likely see employees treating the phones as work-specific and only used for specific tasks, carrying a personal phone with them either way for anything else.

Thanks for the info about Google using COPE. That helps. 👍