Mass Hard Reset

MagicLocker
Level 1.6: Donut

Our devices are getting mass hard reset, Certain spikes are happening when we see in google cloud console metrics we found Devices.delete method got triggered 5k times. And this is happening frequently not sure how to stop this below is the reference of stack overflow link. We are at critical edge any suggestions are guidance will really helpful

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/77099500/automated-hard-resets-multiple-devices-are-getting-hard...

6 REPLIES 6

MagicLocker

Below is the screenshot for reference

AVCos.png

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

You mention an app removed from play, how is this related to your policy - what install type was it set to, was it a companion app or regular?

Can you share your partner portal ticket number with @Lizzie? Two days for a critical issue is embarrassing if it's been correctly logged. 

MagicLocker

Case number: 00043203

Thank you @jasonbayton , Above is the case number where we raised our concern and awaiting for response.

MagicLocker

When we disable the associated service account it stops these reset requests. Re-enabling the service account results in the resumption of the "delete" API executions.

Now not sure how to get out of this. Just curious to know do DPC android app or any other resources has a control to execute device.delete command. And who else other us can execute device.delete command with our service account.

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello @MagicLocker,

Nice to meet you. OOo that's an interesting chart, I hope you get this resolved soon. I'm intrigued to know why this is happening, out of interest have you noticed anything lining up with the spikes?

I've messaged the Partner team about your case, once I receive an update I'll come back to you. 

Thanks @jasonbayton for flagging. 

Speak to you soon.

Lizzie

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

MagicLocker

No @Lizzie , Random pattern not able to figure out the root cause.

Still hard resets continue to occur across various enterprise systems, and we are struggling to find a solution to prevent them. This issue has had a significant impact on our customers, with many of them experiencing data loss, including important documents and images.

If any insights, suggestions, or solutions to share, we would greatly appreciate your input. Our primary goal is to resolve this problem as soon as possible to prevent further data loss and inconvenience to our customers.