Smart watch notifications for work profile are being blocked by Android Management Policy

Prathik
Level 2.0: Eclair

Hi,

Few of our work profile customers are facing issue accessing work profile notifications on their smart watches. This used to work before and it stopped working few weeks back. We have not done any changes to the Android Management API policies and are not sure what is causing this. Is there a specific policy setting applicable for this that we need to enable? Attached few screen shots.

Prathik_0-1727732784577.pngPrathik_1-1727732807771.png

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Prathik

We were able to enable it by using the personalAppsThatCanReadWorkNotifications setting. We had to add the applications supporting the smart watches into this field. And it works. Thanks for the support.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello @Prathik,

Great to see you back in the Community. I hope you are doing well. 

Are all your customers with work profile (under the same policy) having this problem with notifications or just a subsection? 

@Moombas@jasonbayton@Michel any ideas what may have changed here? (Thank you)

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Hi Lizzie,

can't help here as we don't use BYOD/COPE and because of this even no experience with smart watches being connected to it.

Prathik

We were able to enable it by using the personalAppsThatCanReadWorkNotifications setting. We had to add the applications supporting the smart watches into this field. And it works. Thanks for the support.

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

This is great to hear, thanks for the update @Prathik. I hope you don't mind, I've marked your response as the 'Accepted Solution' - it then might help others if they have a similar problem. 

Thanks again. 

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

Hi! Awesome to hear it! Do you know or somebody how can we set it in intune?