Trouble with applying configuration profiles

NathanW19
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hi,

As an organisation we are pretty new to ZT. We had good success when testing two devices. We enroll them through ZT and manage through Intune. This worked on our test device (Lenovo Tab K11). I set up a Token separate from the default created on the ZT -> Intune Link.

We recently bought 120 Lenovo K11 tablets to set up using the same profile, however we used a new reseller. They added these to our portal.  I assigned the token this morning. Then, when I connected the devices to the internet. No profile was present, it continued with the non Dedicated device set up.

I did see a message about potentially waiting 48 hours for the profile to apply. Is this accurate? I waited at least 4 hours and no success. 

Do you have any advice or steps to trouble shoot?

We have checked the DPC extras Token is correct and used alternate networks to avoid issues with filtering/firewall. We have run SW upgrades on the tablets and Factory reset and re tried. I tried a different profile that we know works. That also wouldn't apply. Bear in mind, I come from KME where these changes are pretty instantaneous. So, am I just being impatient?

10 REPLIES 10

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello @NathanW19,

Great to meet you. Thanks for your question here. As a few days have passed I just wanted to check if the profile is showing yet? 

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

Yunchuan
Level 2.0: Eclair

Hello,

From your Zero Touch customer portal, do you see the devices in your device list? And have you setup the target configuration as default configuration? It usually takes seconds/minutes to take effect.

Tomasz_T
Level 1.6: Donut

I have the same problem, with the same tablets. In Sophos MDM created zero touch config with extras, then pushed it to ZT portal and nothing. Devices are visible and tried to add different versions of configs but after device factory reset there is no config pushed.

Any tips?

Yunchuan

I'm thinking about a possibility that may cause this.

When provisioning devices to a Customer ZT account, you have to follow this rule: use IMEI if the device has 3/4/5G connectivity or use SN if the device is WiFi only. Otherwise the devices will appear in the list but won't receive the configuration.

On Lenovo tablets, in the end of the model name, if you see "FU" = WiFi only and if you see "XU" = LTE so if it's a LTE device, you must use IMEI and not SN

It`s K11 with FUP end model name. I see their SN`s in device page in ZT, and profiles are assigned but config is not deployed after reset.

Yunchuan

Have you setup the ZT configuration with the proper DPC before provisioning the devices? If the devices where added before, you may need to remove and add them back.

No, first were devices, than I made a config. What if I need to change settings of DPC extras when devices are already there? Then I need to revoke ZT config in MDM settings and it will end with the same case as now?

Yunchuan

You need to remove the devices, and re-add them then.

If you have lots of devices and use a sheet, you put "0" in the customer field for all the lines then run the file, then put again your customer ID and run the file. You'll need to ask your ZT reseller for help to do it

Ok I`m gonna contact my reseller, but what should I do when I would want to change config or add another? Still need to re-add devices?

Yunchuan

Normally you don't need to change often your Zero Touch configuration, its purpose is to link your ZT account to your MDM account for the enrollment. Then after the device is enrolled, you manage your devices from your MDM console