Unwanted devices registered in Zero Touch - how to see which reseller added them ?

TomasC
Level 1.6: Donut

Hi, we are working with multiple resellers across the globe. These days, we had an issue, where some of the Zebra devices were registered to Zero touch, which ended in restart-loop, because they are in SOTI and cannot be in ZT together. So I removed them from ZT, but I want to prevent this situation happening again, so I need to know which reseller registered them and give hime a little "training" what he can and cannot do. I didnt found any way how to see the history in ZT portal. 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

First of all, where is the problem having devices in ZT and in Soti? We use Soti as MDM as well and use ZTE without any issues. So, devices in Soti can be for sure in ZTP as well (and if you use ZTE they should stay there).

So what's the real issue here?

And if you export your devices as CSV from ZTP you can see in the csv which reseller uploaded which devices and which order number belongs to it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Moombas

First of all, where is the problem having devices in ZT and in Soti? We use Soti as MDM as well and use ZTE without any issues. So, devices in Soti can be for sure in ZTP as well (and if you use ZTE they should stay there).

So what's the real issue here?

And if you export your devices as CSV from ZTP you can see in the csv which reseller uploaded which devices and which order number belongs to it.

TomasC

Many thanks ! The export worked ! I was not aware its there 🙂  Regarding ZT vs SOTI - we are using 3rd party compliance partner in Intune, so the devices are in SOTI marked as corporate, so we dont want them in ZT, because this causes multiple unwanted restarts etc...

Thanks a lot for your help.

Moombas

First: You could assign in ZT just "no configuration" instead of removing them which then should have no affect on the devices.

Second: I still don't see any reason why this should cause multiple restarts as ZT is only pointing the devices to the correct MDM/EMM which works fine for us on Zebra devices as other manufacturers as well.

TomasC

1st: we have automatic MDM config for specific resellers, so their devices are approved automatically

2nd: no idea, it was just one-time issue hopefully, so we rather solved it quickly due to the business outage, rather than finding the reason of restarts.  Business is cruel and wants everything repaired immediately 😄  But if this happens again, we will definitely analyse more.