Where can I manage devices and settings?

TUNG
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hi everyone,

Recently, I'm having some problems deploying Android Enterprise using Google Workspace EMM.

Initially, I used workspace to adjust and manage Android devices. However, the requirement to scan a QR to create a work profile has been added. I realized that I can't use workspace to create QR.

Then I tried it with the Google API solution using a non-G Suite account to generate a QR code and create a work profile. But I don't know where I can manage and install the devices that have joined my organization using the interface (like Workspace, ManageEngine do). Can someone help me with this problem?

Many thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4

jeremy
Level 2.3: Gingerbread

Hello,

If you used the API to create a QR Code, you have to have to manage the policies using the same API. There is no UI as the API is a developer tool to create an EMM.

You can either create your own EMM or use an already certified EMM to managed your devices.

TUNG
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Thank you for your feedback.

My customers are interested in using Google Workspace EMM to manage their devices. But they don't want to use sign-in to add devices to the organization.

Is there a way similar to QR scanning so I can enroll devices in my organization and manage and configure them on google workspace?

jeremy
Level 2.3: Gingerbread

You could use Zero Touch in that case, where you pre-add your devices and assign them to Google workspace

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Additional to what Jeremy wrote: I assume you mean to scan a QR on the target device (where the work profile has to be added), correct?

Then you need something like this to be generated and then you can use any QR-Code generator to make a working QR code for this (sample for Mobicontrol, need s to be aligned/extended to your needs:

{"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_DEVICE_ADMIN_SIGNATURE_CHECKSUM":"hn8mSNJMPcovWbnnWrb-uMpWZjNlNp-jyV_2A-Whumc=",
"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_DEVICE_ADMIN_COMPONENT_NAME":"net.soti.mobicontrol.androidwork/net.soti.mobicontrol.admin.DeviceAdminAdapter",
"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_DEVICE_ADMIN_PACKAGE_DOWNLOAD_LOCATION":"http://soti.net/apk/ae2",
"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_USE_MOBILE_DATA":true,
"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_SKIP_ENCRYPTION":true,
"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_ADMIN_EXTRAS_BUNDLE":{"enrollmentId":"Your_ID",
"PROVISIONING_MODE":"MANAGED_PROFILE"}}