Enrollment is not working in android mananement API google colab

Payfinix-Kiran
Level 1.6: Donut
9 REPLIES 9

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hey @Payfinix-Kiran 

Hope you're doing well!

Just following up on whether you were able to generate the QR code in the end.

Please keep me posted, and I'll reach out to our internal teams to see if we can find a solution for you. 😊

Thanks,

Reece

Hey ReeceK i am still having issues with generating the QR and enrolling the device can u please update me about the issue or the tell me what the reason which is causing the issue.

Thank you 

umesh
Level 1.5: Cupcake

I am also not able to enroll with the qr code from last week. 
i have posted the query in the below link.
https://www.androidenterprise.dev/s/question/0D55G00009GJmaGSAT/hi-i-am-using-the-amapi-for-enrollme...

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hi @Payfinix-Kiran @umesh 

I hope you're doing well. 😊

I've been in touch with our technical teams to address the QR code issue you're facing. They're actively investigating the matter. Out of curiosity, could you please provide details on what happens when you attempt to generate a QR code? Are there any error messages appearing?.

Thanks

Reece

Hello @ReeceK , I discovered that the Google Chart is no longer supported, which prevents it from producing the QR code. Is there any way to generate the QR code so that the enrollment process may proceed without any issues?

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hey @Payfinix-Kiran 

Thanks for the update. 

Just to confirm, the link that you attached in a previous post, is this the message that you receive when you try and produce a QR code from Google Chart? 

Thanks,

Reece

Payfinix-Kiran
Level 1.6: Donut

hey @ReeceK , Yes, same message appears when I attempt to generate a QR code from a Google Chart.

Thanks,

Kiran

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hi @Payfinix-Kiran 

Hope you had a good day so far? 

I have had an update from our tech team around this question. They advised the following: 

It's intriguing to learn which EMM you're utilizing?

Based on my understanding, it seems you're using DeviceAdminReceiver, which, according to documentation, points to Device Administration overview—a deprecated feature (part of Android Legacy). This documentation further leads to Custom DPC (Play EMM API), also deprecated. Finally, we reach AMAPI, which is the recommended migration path.

In the QR Enrollment documentation for AMAPI, there's an example where CloudDPC must be used—a DPC provided by Google, not the EMM anymore. This means community users won't be able to add their custom DPC APK (or at least that's how I interpret it).

For context, Android 10 was in the transition period of Device Admin deprecation. Some OEM vendors like Samsung allowed Device Admin enrollment in Android 10. This might explain why Device Owner worked for you in Android 13.

As a reminder, in terms of AMAPI development, we don't offer support directly; instead, we redirect users to the StackOverflow AMAPI channel for assistance.

I hope that this is helpful? 

Thanks,

Reece