Ability to add devices in ZTE console as Customer

FabienMagras
Level 1.6: Donut

According to the documentation of the new portal, admins or owners of the portal have the ability to add devices. However, when as a customer of the portal and owner of it, the devices I try to add are not added. I am always forced to go through the reseller. Would it be possible to delegate the addition of devices to the customer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

I'm afraid devices must still be added via reseller. No delegation is possible 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jasonbayton

I'm afraid devices must still be added via reseller. No delegation is possible 

Moombas

Yeah otherwise it could be used for theft or other strange criminal things.

FabienMagras

I don't understand this point of view. I was mainly talking as an admin of the MDM solution to be able to add our test devices.
moreover the phones enrolled by the reseller are bought by the company so I really don't see the point on theft or anything else illegal.

Moombas

If you can add any device by IMEI (or SNR) yourself, it can be any IMEI (or SNR) grabbed anywhere or even generated. There's no verification possible that this device is really owned by you, so thats the reson it has to go through the reseller as they know what they have sold or even not.

Michel
Level 2.2: Froyo

In Knox Mobile enrollment you can use KME Direct to enroll a single device as end-customer, but it only works with Samsung devices. 

FabienMagras

Good to know. Unfortunately on our side these are pixels