Android Management API back-end can access the device serial number. My device app can access the Android ID. How can I know in my back-end which device is which

mgdev
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Android Management API back-end can access the device serial number via enterprise.devices.HardwareInfo and my device app can access the Android ID via Secure.getString(getContentResolver(), Secure.ANDROID_ID).

In my apps I have all the user actions logged via a unique device ID which after Android 10 cannot be the serial number but only the Android ID. How can I know in my back-end application which device is which based on the logs and the users using the device. In android Management API there is no way to access the Android ID and on the actual Android device there is no way to get the serial number programatically. So both sides can access a unique identifier of the device but there is no way to match these...

1 REPLY 1

jeremy
Level 2.3: Gingerbread

You can send the device serial number to any apps using the android managed configuration.

You could develop your own app, send through managed configuration the device serial number to it and you app will now have access to your device serial number.