Auto Launch Android App when deployed from MDM(Google Workspace etc)

Alirfan
Level 1.6: Donut

Hi Folks,

I am focused on to auto-launch my app upon installation when deployed from MDMs, to set up and sync with servers. But I can not find a way to do so.

I am curious if there is any way to achieve this by any exclusive support for auto-launch by Android Enterprise programmatically. A few MDMs provide this auto-launch feature.

Any kind of help is appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Hi there!

As you allude to this is EMM-dependent. Some do, particularly those still using customDPCs with Play EMM API, but more frequently now this is not possible. 

Is the application you want to auto-launch something that'd work as a kiosk application? Because is so that's a simple policy change. If you just want an app to launch though, and you don't build the EMM platform yourself, this'll need to be a feature request. 

@Lizzie ?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Hi there!

As you allude to this is EMM-dependent. Some do, particularly those still using customDPCs with Play EMM API, but more frequently now this is not possible. 

Is the application you want to auto-launch something that'd work as a kiosk application? Because is so that's a simple policy change. If you just want an app to launch though, and you don't build the EMM platform yourself, this'll need to be a feature request. 

@Lizzie ?

Alirfan
Level 1.6: Donut

Hi @jasonbayton, thanks for the info. Yes, it appears to be EMM-dependent as WorkspaceOne/AirWatch supports auto-launch upon installation.

No, it isn't a kiosk app and we don't build EMM platforms ourselves. But I would like to add this as a feature request, please share the link to that.