Configuring CardDAV Settings for Android Devices via MDM

Gowtham_Angamut
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hello,

We understand the importance of seamlessly integrating your Android devices with CardDAV for efficient contact management. I would like to explore the options to configure Carddav settings for Android devices. 
We have a customer who wants to sync their contacts to Android devices from their Carddav server. 

3 REPLIES 3

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Hi Gowtham,

lookout for an app which can sync such data (maybe the provider of the server application from your customer has one available). Something like this (just as an example): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.bitfire.davdroid&hl=en&gl=US

Does this app support managed app configuration to configure by MDM Admin?

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

This app is just an example for what you may need to look for yourself.

I have no experience with this app or any other CardDAV relevant system but you need to find an app providing such functionality fitting your customers needs and possibilitys.

We personally add contacts using cfv files via our MDM app (something integrated there but still not ideally) and i had a contact to another company who do this by adding a managed Google account (not the generic one for providing the apps) to the devices where contacts are linked to and then synchronized to the devices.