Error when customer tries to deploy from private google play store through MDM

iHDev
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hi, a customer of ours who we deploy our app to through their private play store is getting the following error:
The application can’t be installed because it is incompatible with the device. (0xC7D24FBC)
This appears to be an InTune error (i have been given very little info myself).  Googling the error message suggests that they try to install the apk manually rather than through their MDM/private play store.  They have tried this and it works.  I have also downloaded the apk created from the play console and have manually installed it on an identical device (Samsung Galaxy A8).  It is then suggested that if this is possible to contact Google.
The app fails to install in both the countries it is targeted at with this error.

Has anyone seen this error before and if so any idea how to fix it?

4 REPLIES 4

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

These types of error often occur when there is a feature or permission mandated that the device doesn't support. 

This would be something like uses-camera for a device without one, for example. 

Are you able to share the app name on play and I'll take a look?

iHDev

It is a private app so not available on the general play store.  It works if they aren't installing it through their private play store/MDM.  Would this be the error that would appear if they haven't allowed it the correct permissions in the MDM?  The device both they and i have tried it on is a Samsung Galaxy A8.

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Ah your download comment threw me towards it being public. 

You could try some logging. Do a sync from Android Device Policy (Settings > Google > Device Policy) and capture a bug report directly after.

https://bayton.org/android/how-to-capture-device-logs/

You should be able to whittle it down to the timestamps of the sync and look for errors associated with Finsky (Google play).

That may give you an indication of what the device is saying, and if not then CloudDPC logs around this time may instead.

You can also validate in the play console device support directly:

jasonbayton_0-1727689691061.png

iHDev

Hi,
Yeah it is available in the device catalog for the device they are using

iHDev_0-1727769919689.png

I'll have to get the customer to run logs if their IT will allow it as they are on the other side of the world, so not something i can do for them, thanks for the link.