Exporting the MDM (Security) policy installed in my Work Profile (BYOD)

govi
Level 2.0: Eclair

Hi, Greetings,

We want to extract the MDM policy installed in our BYOD Work Profile device (without ADB way). We are using INTUNE as our MDM. any way we can view and export the installed security policy logs from my device ?. 

Regards,

Govi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hey @govi ,

I've conducted some research on your query, and here is the guidance I've been provided

There is no such option to extract policies from a device, but if you have access to the Intune console I would recommend reviewing the policy configuration and creating a new one based on it.Also please check the Intune documentation to find a way to export a configuration policy for Android, from my end I could not find such an option either in the console nor in the documentation.

If you want to review the policies in the logs you will need to extract the device logs via adb or check your OEM documentation for alternatives provided by the manufacturer, then look for this line “DUMP OF SERVICE device_policy:” and below you will see the applied policies in your device. Policies listed under user 0 are applied in the personal space and policies listed under user 10 are applied in the work profile.

Thanks Govi, please reach out if you need further support with this.

- Reece.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hey @govi ,

I've conducted some research on your query, and here is the guidance I've been provided

There is no such option to extract policies from a device, but if you have access to the Intune console I would recommend reviewing the policy configuration and creating a new one based on it.Also please check the Intune documentation to find a way to export a configuration policy for Android, from my end I could not find such an option either in the console nor in the documentation.

If you want to review the policies in the logs you will need to extract the device logs via adb or check your OEM documentation for alternatives provided by the manufacturer, then look for this line “DUMP OF SERVICE device_policy:” and below you will see the applied policies in your device. Policies listed under user 0 are applied in the personal space and policies listed under user 10 are applied in the work profile.

Thanks Govi, please reach out if you need further support with this.

- Reece.

govi
Level 2.0: Eclair

thanks a lot for your response. I followed the ADB path to extract the policy and view the details. is there any way Android Device Policy client can help to view the currently applied in work profile ?. if so for troubleshooting we can deploy the Android DPC and see the current status.