How to Start using Android Management API?

Temp
Level 1.5: Cupcake

I need to manage android devices. There are several things that I need to do while managing them. I researched about it on the internet and came across Android Management API. But I am struggling with how to use this API?

The documentation is too ambiguous. 

I have enrolled my device by following Android Management API codelab but I don't know what to do further? How can I create policies, how to push them to device, how to download the Android Management API client.

Please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

I think i can recommend you to look more likely for an MDM doing that API stuff for you instead of trying to do this yourself.

Yes, you would need to pay for this but you don't need to take care of future changes etc. made to the Android API because this has to be handled by the MDM provider then.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Moombas

I think i can recommend you to look more likely for an MDM doing that API stuff for you instead of trying to do this yourself.

Yes, you would need to pay for this but you don't need to take care of future changes etc. made to the Android API because this has to be handled by the MDM provider then.

Temp
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Thanks for your recommendation. 

At this time I need to do it myself. I will be glad if you can tell me how to use it.  The more I am searching about this on internet, the more I am getting confused.

Moombas

Not sure why you need to do it yourself but I'm not the one who can help you with that as I only work with MDM.

But you should start here i think: https://developers.google.com/android/work/dev-options#manage_devices_and_distribute_apps_with_polic...

And maybe others like @jasonbayton may be able to help you better than me.

PRISE
Level 1.6: Donut

Not to be funny maybe ask a ai language model .I'm sure it will atleast have a timely response to any questions you have.

jeremy
Level 2.3: Gingerbread

Hey,

the document available here https://developers.google.com/android/management/introduction are the best way to start using Android Management API.

You can use the quick start guide to start testing the Android Management API, every thing you need is on these pages.