Some apps don't appear in Play Store

HKP
Level 2.0: Eclair

Been using Android Enterprise for a little while and generally got things working well. But I am finding a few apps that won't make it to the Managed Google Play Store for no apparent reason. I appreciate some apps are only available in certain countries, but some of the ones I can't get to appear just seem a bit weird, they work on my own personal phone:-

BBC News

Recorder (from Google)

Are two examples. For both, I have done exactly the same as others, made them available to the same Group under "available for enrolled devices"

Any help, as always greatly received.
Thanks.

I

9 REPLIES 9

HKP

Another app that does not appear is Google Gemini.

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hi @HKP ,

I hope you're well? 😊

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Just to confirm is this issue affecting only your device, or are others in the company experiencing the same problem? This should help us determine if it's a broader issue or something specific to your device.

Thanks,

Reece

HKP

Hi Reece,
Thanks for the reply.
It is all our devices that this is happening with. It seems rather odd that it's these apps as they are fairly common apps.

Thanks.

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hey @HKP ,

No problem, happy to help!

Out of interest, have you talked to your MDM provider about this issue? I'd be keen to hear what they said since it could be something on their end causing certain apps to be restricted, especially since it's affecting all devices.

If you are awaiting an update from your MDM, you could check if there are any app restrictions in your Managed Google Play settings? It might also help to review any regional or content filters that could be affecting app visibility.

Thanks

Reece

HKP

We don't have a separate MDM provider as such, we do everything in house. We use MS Intune as our MDM. We have not put any restrictions on apps, BBC news does not show up, but Sky News does show up, so it doesn't appear that it is down to age restriction etc. Region should not come into it either as these apps are available on my personal phone.

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hey @HKP,

Thanks for your response.

One more thing to check: is your Play Store or device up to date? It might seem trivial, but it's worth confirming before we move on to explore other solutions.

Thanks!

Reece

HKP

Yes my own work phone is all up to date inc. the Play Store and all other apps, the latest Security patch level from Samsung is 1 May 2024. I've manually checked that there is no pending updates for the phone from Samsung, It's a Galaxy A15.

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hey @HKP,

Thanks for the update.

No problem, I'm going to speak with some of my internal colleagues to see what they suggest. I'll make sure to update you on this thread once I have any recommendations from them.

Cheers

Reece

HKP

@ReeceK 
Thank you. 🙂