Using passkeys on an Android Enterprise managed device for apps in the work profile

lokalathlet
Level 1.5: Cupcake

How do I implement the individual use of passkeys on an Android Enterprise managed device where no personal account is available? There is only a 'non-personalized account' for all devices. There is no possibility to store the passkey in the Google Password Manager. What are the alternatives to use this feature under Android Enterprise?

3 REPLIES 3

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

You can enroll (managed) Google accounts to the devices (you need to claim and manage the domain) and use those features with the managed Google accounts.

If you use Samsung devices you can use Samsung Passkey (which also would need a (managed) Samsung account in order to work and i think every other app providing such feature will require an account in order to work and may also cost money.

lokalathlet
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hi @Moombas

You say it would be possible to assign an individual managed Google Account to each managed device. https://support.google.com/work/android/answer/9412115?sjid=10554362187576958818-EU Is this the correct way to carry out the administration, or are there further links on this topic?

I would be grateful for any help.

Best regards.

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

To be honest i don't know the "manual way" as we use an MDM and there we could use it (but don't as we don't need it yet) and I'm not entirely sure what's running there in the background (only thing i know is, it needs a connection to the Google admin console).
And as this depends from the MDM used how to do it, i can't say in general "yes" to your question but the link you provided looks promising if you don't use an MDM to provide it to the devices.