Can't add app to managed google play app collection (under ms Intune)

Eirinn75
Level 1.6: Donut

I'm trying to add a new app to our environment as google play managed app. Adding the app itself to the Intune app list works as expected, but the problem arises when I'm trying to add that app to our google play collection (from the left menu in google play -> organise apps). Normally I look up the app in the search field and select it, then save the changes in the collection. It seems like today the search field is not working, no return comes up. Doesn't matter what I fill in, the field doesn't find anything, and there's no feedback either if I press enter or if I click on the magnifying glass icon.

What could I check?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Thanks so much for the update on your side @Eirinn75 and @Timmy

I actually heard back last night that the team had spotted the issue and had implemented a fix. I was just waiting on extra testing, so super pleased to hear it is all working as expected. 😀 

Thanks for the update.

Lizzie

(FYI @jasonbayton)

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Timmy
Level 2.0: Eclair

Thanks for posting it here @Eirinn75 , the original conversion was started over at the Intune subreddit but to add some context to this as well, the problem occurs within the managed play iframe
https://developers.google.com/android/work/play/emm-api/managed-play-iframe

iframe.jpg

tagging @Lizzie for visibility. Anyone else seeing issues with search in managed google play iframe when trying to create or edit collections?

Eirinn75

Yes, that's exactly the issue. I've tried both with Firefox and Chromium based browsers (Chrome + Edge) and getting the same behavior

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Thanks @Eirinn75 and @Timmy for your post here.

Can I just check are you on the latest version of the Google Play Store and is has this behaviour only started today? 

Thanks again. 

Lizzie

Eirinn75

Hello Lizzie,

Last time we added an app was last week, on Wednesday. Sorry for the stupid question, how do I check the play store version? When I open that iframe from Intune I don't see anything related to the version.

jasonbayton
Level 3.0: Honeycomb

The version of play on devices won't be relevant to search working in the iframe. @Lizzie could you ask internally for any known issues with the iframe today? This isn't the first such issue with iframe search so assume it's something up with the service again. 

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Just to update you @Eirinn75, I'm looking into this, as soon as I have more information I'll let you know. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

Eirinn75

It seems to be working now. I've just added the missing app to the collection.

Timmy

I can confirm this as well that something has happened and that the search works again. 

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Thanks so much for the update on your side @Eirinn75 and @Timmy

I actually heard back last night that the team had spotted the issue and had implemented a fix. I was just waiting on extra testing, so super pleased to hear it is all working as expected. 😀 

Thanks for the update.

Lizzie

(FYI @jasonbayton)

Timmy

Really impressed with how quickly this was solved. Thank you @Lizzie and team. 

Improven
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hello - I was led here from the aforementioned subreddit. I am experiencing somewhat of an issue still, with this feature (Collections).

Previously I was unable to search for my applications that I had added to the collection, but I am now able to. The problem that I am having, is that when I add an app to the collection, it does not show up, the only method for my device to receive is to search.  I am unsure why some apps do show in my collection, and others that I have chosen do not. I am using Intune as my EMM.  I am using One Note as an example of an App I want to be available for my IT Collection.

I will use One Note as an example.

I create my Device group (TestDeviceGroup);
I assign my test device based on dynamic membership;
I confirm the device shows up as a member of the dynamic group.

I then Go to the Managed Google App store, search for OneNote app, select the app, click sync.

I then go back into the Managed Google Store , go to collections, add One Note to my collection (Test collection group) and hit save. Then Sync.

I then go into the One Note app properties and assign it to the test group under available for enrolled devices.

I then wait about 15 minutes to see if the device recognizes that the app is available via the collection.

Nothing.

Update: I can now SEARCH for teams or One Note and see it as a result - this is a new development since original post. I am expecting to see it in the collection, but I do not unfortunately

Calculator, Outlook, MS Authenticator,Firefox currently are the only one that show up in my collection.

Calculator is not assigned to my group, but to another group completely
Outlook is assigned to all users/all devices
MS Authenticator is assigned to 0 groups 0 devices.
Firefox is assigned to Available for enrolled devicse with my group being the sole group in that category.

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions that come my way. I will try to keep checking back on this.
Link to subreddit thread: 
Any issue with google play managed store collections? : r/Intune (reddit.com)

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello @Improven,

Welcome to the Android Enterprise Customer Community. Thanks for your follow up here. 

I'm glad to hear that the search is all working for you again. Regarding the app discoverability you are mentioning here, we have had a few other community members mention something similar here in the community and our engineers are investigating, so it could be unrelated to the initial issue mentioned above. Has this recently changed for you or is this the first time adding apps to your collections?

We are expecting to see Playstore V40.3 or higher within the next couple of weeks, so I would key an eye out on that to see if there is any improvement there. I will also continue to explore this on my side and please do keep me posted if you can. 

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

@Eirinn75@Timmy are you noticing something similar to what Improven has mentioned here?

Eirinn75

Hi Lizzie, no, so far our collection is acting consistently. The only thing is that apps which aren't supported by the device's Android version aren't showing up in the company portal list, which I think it's by design, since it's acting exactly as the Android store does. 

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Thanks so much for confirming @Eirinn75 😀