getting 'can't set up device' after getting ready for work setup

nazmulhawk
Level 1.6: Donut

I've been trying to enroll my Honor pad x9 using qr code method . But I keep getting stuck after "Getting ready for work setup"
I'm new to this and don't have much idea on the topic.

IMG_4895.jpg

IMG_4896.jpg

IMG_4897.jpg

   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Who are you enrolling with now? If it's a mainstream MDM platform then indeed speak with IT/raise a request. That error is vague and can be anything from a malformed package, to wrong download link, to more. 

If you want to enrol a device direct to your kiosk app, your app must be able to support being made a device owner, and will likely require some backend server communication to control its own policies and restrictions.

Build a DPC - https://developer.android.com/work/dpc/build-dpc

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Moombas

Hi nazmulhawk,

you should get in contact with your IT department to clarify and investigate why it's not working especially as you seem to try to enroll a fully managed or COPE device.

ok, just to make sure if this is possible or not.

can i make my own qr code without any other enrollment partner like microsoft intunes?

Moombas

If you mean without using any kind of MDM? I don't think so as the MDM provides further configurations, policies and so on.

What you try to acchieve without using an MDM? Maybe there's another solution for what you are looking for.

I have my own app that want to run in kiosk mode on client devices 

Moombas

Then your client has to use an MDM that set's your app as the one being displayed as the kiosk app or your app needs to provide a kiosk mode itself and your client has to start this app everytime the device has rebooted.
There are also some apps that provides a kisok mode for other apps but never tried or tested any of them (and most likely look like MDM apps for me, just did a Q&D search).

I recommend using an MDM as this provides more possibilitys (including a kiosk mode directly after reboot as well) to manage/restict the devices to their needs.

jasonbayton

Who are you enrolling with now? If it's a mainstream MDM platform then indeed speak with IT/raise a request. That error is vague and can be anything from a malformed package, to wrong download link, to more. 

If you want to enrol a device direct to your kiosk app, your app must be able to support being made a device owner, and will likely require some backend server communication to control its own policies and restrictions.

Build a DPC - https://developer.android.com/work/dpc/build-dpc