Intune - Compliance policy not assigned

LFagni
Level 2.0: Eclair

Hello people,

I'm writing here 'cause I'm facing a strange issue, if I enroll an Android Enterprise device it no longer receive the assigned compliance policy, and the default one is in error state.

LFagni_0-1721914661915.png 
The other admin tried and all is working as normal on his device, so I'm not yet sure about the impact.

The dynamic rule that populate the group for assign the policy is working fine, the devices are added.
Another thing is that all the application that are required for the same group are no longer installed, and they're also not available looking for them in the Managed Play Store.

Did any of you encountered similar issues? Not sure when it started 'cause I was busy on different stuff and did not enrolled any test device in the last month...

Thanks in advance to anyone.

9 REPLIES 9

KellyGM
Level 1.6: Donut

We are also having this issue since about the 24th of July. It seems like some devices are successful, but we are unsure why. A colleague and I have been testing the same devices for the last week and we consistently get no compliance policies, as well as existing devices not updating the Managed Play Store when newly assigned apps should be available either. Some devices are completing correctly (about 50%?) but there is no consistency when we've looked into why.

We have ruled out our Intune config (nothing else has changed) and like your experience, our dynamic groups are correct and should be applying the compliance policy. I think a recent update to the Android Device Policy app might explain the issue, but yours is the first post I've seen regarding the same issue we're having!

LFagni

Hi @KellyGM , I found the issue on one of my test device 1st time July the 25, but I was working on something different the days before so I cannot be 100% sure when it’s started.

I had issues with assigned application too, I started investigating due to that and only after I discovered the missing compliance policy.

I also opened a ticket with Microsoft, but nothing popped out from them.

Then, the day after, Itried again and always was working without any change from our side, on the same devices that failed many times the day before. 
I did not hear about any other issue from our customers, so I assume that’s resolved and that was just a temporary issue.

I’ll try again tomorrow just for being sure and let you know.

/Luciano

LFagni

Hi @KellyGM , just tried and all is working as normal, no more issues on my side.

Are you still facing the problem?

KellyGM

Hi @LFagni thanks so much for all the detail! I'm glad yours are working now, unfortunately ours are continuing to fail. We also have a ticket open with Microsoft but it's slow going.

Just in case it helps anyone else, we are seeing about 2/3 failure rate with our devices, which are mostly the following:

Samsung Galaxy A12 (Android 13)
Samsung Galaxy A13 (Android 13 and 14)
Samsung Galaxy A15 (Android 14)
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 (Android 12)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S9+ (Android 14)

We do not use any other device manufacturer so I'm unable to comment on non-Samsung devices. The A15 and Tab S9+ for sure are listed as Google-recommended devices for Android Enterprise.

Also, interestingly Android for Work (which we require for BYOD) is fine, it's just Android Enterprise (fully managed) with the issue. Have not yet tested dedicated/kiosk devices.

@Lizzie just copying you in, in case the above info is helpful/may be passed to the developers. 🙂

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Great to hear an update @KellyGM

I've had a quick word with an engineer on our side, without knowing all the details here, he believes this would be a Intune component. Based on this, it is good you've opened a ticket directly with Intune, as they will be better equipped to dig into this a bit more. 

Having said this, I'm going to continue to follow the progress here and will help as much as I can. It would be great if you can keep me and others here posted on your ticket. 

Thanks again for the extra details, I hope this gets sorted soon.

Lizzie

I'm currently away from the Community on holiday, read more here.

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

KellyGM

Just wanted to update to say our phones with existing issues all started getting policies and apps late last night/early this morning (UK time)! Haven't figured out the trigger, we only know it wasn't an internal configuration change. Will monitor over the next few days. 🙂

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Thanks for the update @KellyGM, this is a funny one isn't it - I'm glad to hear your devices are getting policies now.

As @LFagni's also resolved themselves after a couple of weeks I wonder if there is a delay for some reason. 🤔

@AE-DK any update on your end? 

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Thanks to you both for sharing information on this. 

@LFagni, are you still experiencing this issue? Wondering if you have had any developments here which might be helpful to @KellyGM

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

AE-DK
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hi @Lizzie we have same problem and it have been there for the last 2 weeks i guess.

When we enroll new Android devices in Intune, Compliance policy is still not shown as assigned