Managed Google Play API Error

kwilson_fbsg
Level 1.5: Cupcake

We manage our mobile device through Intune; we also manage multiple tenants. I didn't know when I did this, but I made the mistake of signing into a new tenant with our Managed Google Play account that we use for our main tenant. Still, unaware of my error, I decided to disconnect the Managed Google Play account from the new tenant and create a new Google Play account for them.

The new tenant works fine. I'm able to enroll Android devices and manage apps. However, in our main tenant, under Tenant Administration | Tenant Status for Managed Google Play, it shows a warning: Management Service Error. If I try to go to Android Apps to add an app, I get the following message: "It looks like your tenant has been unbound via the Google Play console. To browse Managed Google Play, your Intune account needs to be connected to your Android Enterprise account." But, in Devices | Android | Android Enrollment | Managed Google Play, it shows the account as Setup (with the green check). I'm also unable to create a new Corporate-Owned, Fully-Managed profile. I get an error.

I reached out to Microsoft and they say this is a Google issue. I've tried to find ways to contact Google without success. So, we're kind of stuck in the mud. Is there a way to fix this? 

5 REPLIES 5

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello @kwilson_fbsg,

Welcome to the community. Thanks so much for your post here. I've sent you a direct message here to your Community inbox (top right of the community page, marked by the little envelope symbol), with a couple of questions. 

Hope to speak with you soon.

Thanks,

Lizzie

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

Jon

Hello Lizzie,

We are facing the similar problem. That is, we also see the error message “It looks like your tenant has been unbound via the Google Play console. To browse Managed Google Play, your Intune account needs to be connected to your Android Enterprise account.” when we try to add a Managed Google Play app in Intune. And the connection status is green.

Can you advise us on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Jón

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello @Jon,

Great to meet you and thanks for your message. Can I check have you already been in-touch with Intune about this? 

Speak to you soon.

Lizzie

Jon

Hello @Lizzie ,

I appreciate your reply.

I saw the post by @kwilson_fbsg and thought I'd check here first to see if that post helped anyone. I haven't contacted Microsoft about this issue yet.

Thanks,
Jón

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Thanks @Jon for your quick reply. Would you mind opening a support ticket with Intune first so they can investigate, they should also be able to escalate this to our engineers if it needs Google input. 

Please do keep me posted on how you get on. 

Thanks so much,

Lizzie