Urgent Assistance Needed for Android Enterprise Application Approval

dgreco
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hello Android Enterprise Community,

We at Narbis are working on an integral project involving specialized neurofeedback smart glasses, where device management is crucial. Our aim is to ensure a seamless user experience on Pritom M7 tablets running Android 11, with our specialized app in kiosk mode. Features like QR code enrollment, on-demand updates for our private APK (outside the Play Store), and managed device configurations are pivotal for us.

Unfortunately, our application to join the Android Partner Portal was declined and the reason remains unclear.

Despite multiple email attempts, we've yet to receive a response. We're reaching out to this knowledgeable community for any insights or support to help expedite our application process. This is of immense importance to our business timeline.

Any guidance or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Devon Greco, Narbis

9 REPLIES 9

jeremy
Level 2.3: Gingerbread

Hello,

All the documentations regarding Android enterprise are publicly available so you should be able to develop your product using the publicly available documentation available here https://developers.google.com/android/management

regarding your application @Lizzie should be able to help

let us know if you have more questions 

dgreco

Thank you kindly for your reply. I have reviewed the documentation and I believe I understand the necessary steps. I'm just stuck and not able to go further without access to the partner portal. I see that others have also had difficulty getting their applications approved and getting a response from the Android team about the application status.  I'm hopeful for some guidance in the application approval process so we can proceed. 

jeremy

We could try to help here with Jason. Let us know where you’re stuck and we’ll try to help. 

dgreco

Thanks. Sure, here is the message I received after submitting the application:

We would like to let you know that your application to join the Android Partner Portal has been declined.

On reviewing the information that you have submitted in your application, your organization does not meet the requirements to enter the community.

Followed by another email:

Thank you for your interest in joining the Android Enterprise Program. Upon reviewing your application and the use case you provide, we encourage you to apply to the Mobility Consulting Service and Carrier and Device Reseller Program where we can consider passing your application after being reviewed and validated by our team. Please read the information below for your interest:

• Mobility Consulting Service: 
    • Android wants to partner with service providers who support their customers to take advantage of the latest innovations in mobile. Whether you offer enterprise mobility consultancy, deployment and enrollment services, helpdesks or managed services - the Android Enterprise Partner program is here to accelerate your Android business growth.

• Carrier and Device Reseller Program
    • To be eligible to become an Android Enterprise Device Reseller, partners must offer Android device procurement and plan to launch zero touch enrolment services. This includes mobile network operators that sell Android devices, typically with custom device variants and for all other resellers of Android devices who want to provide services around Android Enterprise

To reapply, kindly login using your Google Account ID then click "Resume Onboarding".

I'm not sure the recommended alternative programs will meet our needs in regards to enrolling device for MDM and specifying policies. Regardless, I followed the instructions to "Resume Onboarding" and I get the following message below but nothing about the alternative program application. 

Thank you for joining the Android Enterprise Partner Community!

Your company's application is still being processed. You'll receive an email if your company's application is approved.

I'm really not sure how to proceed. 

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Hey @Lizzie would you like to look into this?

@dgreco was it the partner email address you've been reaching out to, or someone specific? To what partner programme were you enrolling, devices or EMM?

Your device doesn't sound like it'll meet the criteria for GMS certification being an AR wearable, is this assumption correct? Or do these connect to a standard tablet formfactor as a 2nd display?

dgreco

Thanks so much for your help. 

I have reached out to both ae-partnerprogram@google.com and ae-community@google.com regarding the application status. 

I'm stuck at applying for the android enterprise partner program to access the partner portal so we can enroll our tablets. 

While our neurofeedback smart glasses have an AR wearable component, the main device we are trying to manage through the Android Enterprise Program is the Pritom M7 tablet running Android 11. This tablet is integral to our product offering and serves as the primary interface for our users. The AR glasses function in tandem with the tablet. To note, we haven't pursued GMS certification for our glasses, as our focus is on the tablet device management.

Any further insights or recommendations you might have are greatly appreciated.

jeremy

You should focus on the available documentation as you don’t need anything else to start. Try to read the public documentation and enroll your devices. If you have issues with creating your Android enterprise using the API and managing your tablets let us know 

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Yes, this. Both of us have developed functional EMMs prior to applying to the partner portal. AMAPI is free, publicly documented, and the partner portal only comes in to play for when you wish to exceed the free limits of AMAPI for unregistered EMMs.

If Google is rejecting your application I have to once again assume that is because you do not have a product that meets the criteria Google require in applying for that particular portal. You can still leverage the generic partner portal (www.androidenterprise.dev) where you can also ask AMAPI related questions and seek assistance from other partners in other programs as well as Google BD's.

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Thanks @jeremy and @jasonbayton for @ mentioning me here and for the help you have provided here.

Hello @dgreco,

Nice to meet you. Jeremy and Jason have provided some useful information here, so hopefully this has helped guide you on your next step.

On the Partner Portal access side of things, based on what you've shared above it does actually look like you have received quite a lot of responses from our Partner Portal team providing guidance on what program they feel would be most suited to your business case. It's good to hear that your application for the other program is being reviewed to see if that is a better fit. Just to check on this, how long ago did you send in your application? 

To add, I have also been in touch with our Partner Portal team highlighting your post here. I would recommend continuing to speak with that team directly via email as that will be the quickest way to get a response. 

Thanks and speak to you soon.

Lizzie

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.