BYOD AE Work Profile - Samsung Device with Android 12, 13 - Sharing Serial no/IMEI details with Intune MDM

govi
Level 2.0: Eclair

We are observing, Intune started displaying the Serial no's /IMEI's of Samsung Android 12, 13 device and device type is BYOD -> Work Profile. did you see this in your environment? Model affected are SM-A,G,S,G,M SERIES.  

4 REPLIES 4

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello @govi,

I hope you are doing well, thanks for highlighting this.

I would recommend, if you haven't already, getting in contact with Intune for them to investigate further, as it depends upon exactly what identifier is displaying. 

Also, I'll send you a direct message here in the community to gather some follow up information. So keep an eye out for that. 😀 

Is anyone else seeing this in your environment? 

Thanks again Govi,

Lizzie

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

govi

Yes, we already escalated this to MS. Few of our BYOD Samsung users facing this issue. 

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Have you by chance captured anything that may whittle this down? We know it's Samsung only affected currently, but is this a brand new issue? If so, what version of Google Play System Update and which Security Patch Level (SPL) is applied to problem devices?

I know a recent SPL made breaking changes for insecure Wi-Fi EAP deployments.. could possibly be related?

govi

govi_0-1688530919027.png

some data points from the affected device and pattern.