Link a SIM card to a work profile

Hydraseed
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hello everyone, 

I encounter a huge problem with my dual sims and my 2 profiles (work and personal).

Everytime i received a call (unknow or a work contact), it's appear on the default dialer app (personal), and I think it's difficult to manager this on a unique application. When i try to create a contact from this app, the system want to add to the personal contact.

Is there a way to manage with a work dialer app and connect it to my work profile? Even more, there is a way to link a sim to a work profile? If someone want to call me on my work number, to link it to the work profile?

Thanks for all your feedback

3 REPLIES 3

Michel
Level 2.2: Froyo

This isn't possible (yet), but I'm hoping the Android team is working on this feature. @Lizzie , are you aware of such development option? 

Couple of options would work in this case I think:

• Giving the personal dialer app the option to write to the work profile contact lists
  • Connecting work sim to work profile, but this would only work with dual sim

Hydraseed
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hello Michel,

I tried to make default calls on thé personal dialer app with SIM1 and work dialer app with SIM2. But the 2 app (personal and work) are thé same. Everytime I change default sim on an app, its changes on the 2 app

Michel
Level 2.2: Froyo

Correct, there is just one dialer app. 

I just got out of a meeting with a customer requesting the exact same thing. Making it possible to add contacts to their workaccount. People are now saving their phone numbers in their private google account, which is not allowed.