Unable to Approve new Permission in managed Play Store

Syndeticom
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hi,

For the past few months we haven't been able to approve apps with new permissions under:

https://play.google.com/work/permissionsupdate

Clicking on 'Accept' disabled the button and changes to 'Accepting' for a few seconds then just re-enables and back to 'Accept', not like previously where the app would accept then fade out of view.

Done the usual try different browsers, clearing cache etc. No difference.

Can this please be investigated.

4 REPLIES 4

jeremy
Level 2.3: Gingerbread

Hello,

app approval is deprecated, you should not need it and manage the permissions by setting the default behavior per app or for the device for permissions. 

is there a reason you still want to do it?

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Completely true what @jeremy wrote.

@Syndeticom maybe you should reach out to your MDM vendor to clarify this, our MDM changed/aligned it when this change was made by Google (especially the missing "unassign" in the iFrame then as well).

Syndeticom
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Thank you @jeremy, @Moombas 

Sorry i'm using Intune MDM. As far as i can tell, i can only assign or unassign not approve new permissions through Intune.

So, what you're saying is if Google sends the new permission notification email and we don't agree with the new permissions we should remove from our MDM, instead of approving (or not) via play store?

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Hi @Syndeticom

I'm not sure if i understood your question correctly but i think you missunderstood that.

After Google made this change, the MDM has to implement this change into their MDM to provide you still the possibility to (un-)approve apps from the iFrame.