Welcome to Chrome prompt during Samsung Knox + Intune Enrolment

JPTGP
Level 1.6: Donut

I am deploying fully managed work profile through Knox+Intune, after the end user sets Wi-Fi (or uses Mobile Date) and downloads the Knox settings to point to the chosen EMM Provider the prompt below is encountered

Image 1.png

Normally there used to be "Accept and continue", which led to credentials to 365 and Intune.

Now there is "Add account to device", where I can set profile to Work and Personal profiles.

Image 3.png

Image 2.png

And "Use without an account", which leads to 365 and Intune like before.

Its very confusing, especially for end users and they also have the ability to exit out of the enrolment process altogether which bypasses the process and reverts to the device home screen 

Does anyone know, how this can either revert get back to old "Accept and continue" in Welcome to chrome or if not ensure the screen is locked down and can't be exited?

5 REPLIES 5

Alex_Muc
Level 2.2: Froyo

If I have understood your problem correctly, the enrollment starts via KME and when downloading/installing the DPC, Chrome opens instead of the enrollment continuing normally.

Your problem could be identical to the following post:
https://www.androidenterprise.community/t5/admin-discussions/samsung-s23-with-knox-mobile-enrollment...

In the other post, it seemed to be caused by a bug in OneUI6.0. Can you update the devices and check if it could be related to the firmware?

We use KME and WorkspaceOne and haven't had a bug like this yet.

JPTGP

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately I don't believe the advised post relates to the same issue as we are not utilising ZTE and it is not redirecting to the Google Play Store in this instance. 

This is specifically after accepting the Google Services Terms and prior to redirecting to the Microsoft Sign in Screen as part of Intune enrolment

Alex_Muc

I would suspect an error around the DPC+Intune if the enrollment is not running correctly. It doesn't really matter in my opinion whether KME or ZTP starts the enrollment here.

To narrow down the error exactly, you would have to run a bug report / sysdump when the error occurred and open a ticket with Microsoft. Depending on the cause of the error, they may have to solve it themselves or open a ticket with Samsung or Google.

Michel

Hi,

I've seen the same screen in some tenants, not all and on some devices. But haven't figured out what is causing this. But i'm sure it has something to do between Intune and Google. I advise you to log a ticket with microsoft and see what they come up with. 

I haven't been able to log a ticket yet regarding this, but will as soon as I come across it ones again. I don't have it in my demo tenant (for now). 

Workaround is indeed pressing the use without account button. 

JPTGP

Thanks for the response.

I've now raised a support reference with Microsoft so will update this thread in the event of any advisories or feedback from them.