Device enrollment

gcrisp
Level 1.6: Donut

Need help and/or feedback.

We are looking at rolling out several hundred android devices for ordering purposes over the next year and I am running into an issue getting these devices registered. Running into the issue where it tells me "MAXIMUM NUMBER OF DEVICES ALLOWED TO ENROLL INTO THIS ANDROID ENTERPRISE USER ACCOUNT HAS BEEN REACHED". 

after look into this I've noticed that the USER ACCOUNT has a limit of 10 devices. Is there another way to add more devices or will I need to create more user accounts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jasonbayton
Level 3.0: Honeycomb

Quick and easy fix is to switch this to device based (device account) unless you find a legitimate reason to keep it enabled. That won't fix existing devices but should set you up for future enrolments 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jasonbayton

Hi there! What's the EMM and how do you have account assignment configured at the moment? In device based enrollment a new managed Google Play account will be provisioned per device. For user assigned, it'll be one managed Google Play account shared across multiple devices. 

It sounds like you have the latter configured?

gcrisp

MDM.PNG

Currently we are using MaaS360 and I reached out to IBM but they aren't much help. I got this MDM position dropped in my lap so I am trying to learn as I go with this so I'm sorry if some things are out of my wheelhouse.

This is the current configuration I am seeing in Android Management 

jasonbayton

Quick and easy fix is to switch this to device based (device account) unless you find a legitimate reason to keep it enabled. That won't fix existing devices but should set you up for future enrolments 

gcrisp

gcrisp_0-1712771262076.png

Wouldn't this make it where each device would need it's own user id?

Creating multiple users is what we are trying to avoid so that they would all fall under our 2 main corporate users. 

jasonbayton

You're not able to do that as there are limits you've already hit. Unless you need the identity of these accounts associated with devices (and any potential data synced), MaaS can provision accounts automatically via device accounts you don't need to manage - there's no passwords or anything. 

Are you hooked into Google Workspace by chance?

gcrisp

That worked Thank you Jason. I will relay info to our members and have them test to make sure everything works as it should..

Only data transfer we have is from our order app that we have developed and it has it's own login and password for each individual account we have set up.