Device Provision QR not working on some Android versions

alvaroblca
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hi,

I am trying to generate a valid QR to provision devices but it only works on certain versions of Android.

Apparently the QR payload is ok (as it is working on some devices) but when testing it with Android 14 it only gives me an error saying the "Can't set up device. Contact your IT admin for help" but no other explanation is given.

I've tried different payloads but no one seems to work with Android 14. 

Is there any change in Android 14 that prevents devices to be provisioned via QR?

I am aware that Google does not allow custom DPCs registrations anymore but I do not know if this is the case (maybe devices from Android 14 can only be provisioned with Google DPC or something like that?)

This is the payload I'm working with:

{

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_DEVICE_ADMIN_COMPONENT_NAME": "com.applivery.mdm.dpcpoc/.MyDeviceAdminReceiver",

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_DEVICE_ADMIN_PACKAGE_CHECKSUM": "bRIi6qpZhpJPSxtqG1SfKdIVoca7Cxl1j5IvzG_1XE4",

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_DEVICE_ADMIN_PACKAGE_DOWNLOAD_LOCATION": "https://static.applivery.com/assets/android/dpc-poc.apk",

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_ADMIN_EXTRAS_BUNDLE": {}

}

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Check applivery docs for a JSON payload using admin signature checksum, and try again 🙂